Lebron in the Finals..

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: Lebron in the Finals..

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg & bcddjjsc690,

yea u are right. because from what I saw he's probably the next Jordan heir. a lot of folks compare Kobe to Jordan, but I've never seen any comparisons.

and Lebron was good enough to get me watching the game again. after all that soap opera mess, turned it off. Magic, Kareem, Isaiah, Bird, Parish wouldn't have to keep a rape lawyer handy, or been fighting in the stands. they just fought each other :lol: good clean fights too. :lol:
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

tamra,
okay its no comparison of Kobe an Jordan....Kobe is a ballhog that cant make the clutch basket half the time...while Jordan is a general....Jordan made people play beyond thier being just because he was on the same team...and he generaled the team.....Kobe cant general himself....he had the tallest an biggest player on the team with him but i think his ego would not let him think Shaq was better than him.....and Shaq only did what someone as big as him can...which is great....i was not a Jordan fan cause i heard his name all the time...but when i seen him play i went oh sheeeeit....he is good....Shaq might be the biggest an some people say that he is the best but hell the best dont mean the biggest...i seen Jordan slam on Shaq....he just ran the ball up an jumped an went over Shaq bam!!....."glad to see ya, wouldnt wanna be ya!" b.b
tamra

Post by tamra »

Appaloosa,

:lol: yup Jordan's moves and dunks pretty much left u with your mouth open and too scared to move because u may miss something else. I can swear I saw some players crying after Jordan dunked on them. :lol:

Dr. J was pretty much the same way. there was a special on ESPN a few years ago featuring best dunks ever. unlike other players, Dr. J's dunks were featured several times.

never saw or heard of Shaq before he entered the NBA, but would always hear someone talking about LSU-Shaq this and that. then when he finally entered, I was shocked for a big guy how quickly he moved and got everyone involved. once he left the Lakers, I followed the Heat. :lol:

maybe Kobe should have went to college so he could have learned teamwork. @.@ I've just never been impressed with Kobe. and the rape soap opera drama sealed the deal. @.@
---
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

tamra,
Dr. J an Jordan were class acts....at the time Dr J was dunking...he made it colorful....i mean when he went to the side an to the baseline an then acted like he wanted to make a basket from there an held the ball with one hand an went to the basket an then went under the basket an dunked the ball.......that was jammin....they had one where he dunked on one poor white guy....an he was coming from the top of the key....almost an the guy was inbetween him an the basket but it made no difference...an he jumped an almost took the guys head off an the guy ducked...too....an he slammed....i mean slammed it home...that was kool.....he was the predecessor to Jordan...they could both fly...me an someone were watchin Jordan float an i sed hell i could take a shot n light a cigarette while im floatin to the basket like him :lol: :lol:
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

Appaloosa,
I'd take Magic over Jordan..I know I'm the only one..he could play any position and made his whole team better. I think Lebron will be like that when he reaches his prime.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

yup that is true. Magic was every where, even filled in as center quite a few times. even coaching the players too. he had that Harlem Globetrotters thing going with those smooth behind the back passes.

but that Lakers era with Jamal Wilkes (with his cute self from Cornbread, Earl and Me), Rambliss, Cooper, Kareem, Worthy and Magic was deadly. and isn't Magic the only player to win both an NCAA and NBA championship back to back? wait, he won a state high school championship too.
---
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra, yep yep. kareem once joked that Magic thought that every season was like that, you just won championships. Magic was the ultimate winner. You could take the showtime lakers and put them in any era of Basketball and they'd be the most dominate team in the nba. Jordan's Bulls were to me the most overated team of all time. They couldn't beat any of the 80's superteams, lakers, celtics, pistons, sixers or even the Don Nelson 80's Bucks.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

oooh those would be fighting words in Chicago. 8-o :lol: or at many places. but given the Bulls didn't have a great center, so great I hardly remember Cartwright, u may well be right. in fact, I can't remember one great center from the Bulls. wow
---
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

tamra,
even though they didnt have a great center this does not mean they couldnt compete...cause they did an they would have had a dynasty if Jordan didnt take off for this n that for a few years ...they could have kept the championship...an they took it....took it i repeat...from the greatest teams then...an they could do it any era...just cause you didnt have a great center doesnt mean you cannot win ....if you have a decent one which they proved..you can win.....i would take them over any team that was....an Jordan slammed over anybody an everybody....dont matter how big they were ..... :lol: b.b
tamra

Post by tamra »

Appaloosa,

I dunno, this is a tough one, because I can easily see Jordan and Pippen fitting right in with the legends. but at the same time, I can still see Magic, Kareem, and Worthy putting Jordan thru school.

I even asked a couple of folks next to me, they said wow, that's a hard and deep one, and damn sure would be worth seeing. :lol: the first 1000.00-a-nose-bleed seat game. :lol:
---