who's gonna win? DeLaHoya or Mayweather?

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

who's gonna win? DeLaHoya or Mayweather?

Post by walrusjk »

I really like Oscar. Thought he won a few fights that got called the other way ie. Trinidad but he's 34. I hate to say it but Mayweather is gonna get this one. I hate this because Mayweather isn't funny when he's trying to be and he's just a foul mouth ignorant punk who is really good...
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: who's gonna win? DeLaHoya or Mayweather?

Post by tamra »

walrusjk,

DeLaHoya's still fighting? :lol: stopped following boxing since the infamous ear bite fight. but thought DeLaHoya retired. good luck to him or congrats if he already won
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

tamra,
Yes still fighting and bigger yet promoting. His company "Golden Boy" is co-promoting the fight with HBO. His take is estimated to be around 30 million depending on the pay per views sold. He's 34 and Mayweather is 30. Mayweather is jumping 2 divisions to have this fight which is Oscar's only hope.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

walrusjk,
They sure have been doing a good job publicizing it!!! I haven't followed alot of boxing either since the ear bite and the fall of Roy Jones :(
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

bingolong,
I'm still in denial about Roy Jr supposedly losing...didn't happen, nope, never, no freaking way.

I hang a lot of crap on De La Hoya because everybody in the family likes him but he's a nice guy, he puts a lot of money back into his community....He better put some money on Mayweather too, that way he'll get more out of this than just an ass whoopin.

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

hellifiknow,
I think Oscar's a good cat too. What makes me scratch my head is that Mayweather's dad has been Oscar's trainer for a few years now and the guy is just a criminal. Just got out of jail and comes off like an ignorant thug. He looks like Satan himself and acts like a convict but Oscar has had him as his guy until he asked for 2 million for this fight. Oscar dumped him and brought in Freddy Roche. I was reading an article in ESPN the magazine where Mayweather, Leanard and Oscar were flying on a private plane owned by Bob Arum a few years back and Leanard and Oscar are advising Mayweather to clean up his image if he wanted to make the zillions of dollars in his career and Mayweather wants no part in even listening. This makes me think that a lot of the good guy image of various boxers is more made up than accurate.
I was bummed about Roy Jones too. Tarver kicked his ass all 3 of those fights. His chin got exposed. He didn't need one for his whole career because he was un hittable. Just got a little too old.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

hellifiknow,
:lol: :lol:

you and walrusjk,
De La Hoya will most likely take a great beatin'!!!

Yeah Jones was the man ...that hurt!! :(
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me!