Lance Bass of N'Sync is gay?.....yeah I can kind of see that......

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Lance Bass of N'Sync is gay?.....yeah I can kind of see that......

Post by bingolong »

Lance Bass of 'N Sync reveals he's gay

NEW YORK (AP) — Lance Bass, band member of 'N Sync, says he's gay and in a "very stable" relationship with a reality show star.

Bass, who formed 'N Sync with Justin Timberlake, JC Chasez, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick, tells People magazine that he didn't earlier disclose his sexuality because he didn't want to affect the group's popularity.

"I knew that I was in this popular band and I had four other guys' careers in my hand, and I knew that if I ever acted on it or even said (that I was gay), it would overpower everything," he tells the magazine.

'N Sync is known for a string of hits including Bye Bye Bye and It's Gonna Be Me. The band went on hiatus in 2002. Bass has also found headlines for undertaking astronaut training and failing to raise money for a trip into space.

Bass says he wondered if his coming out could prompt "the end of 'N Sync." He explains, "So I had that weight on me of like, 'Wow, if I ever let anyone know, it's bad.' So I just never did."

The singer says he's in a "very stable" relationship with 32-year-old actor Reichen Lehmkuhl, winner of season four of CBS' Amazing Race.

Bass and Fatone, 29, are developing a sitcom pilot inspired by the screwball comedy The Odd Couple, in which his character will be gay.

"The thing is, I'm not ashamed — that's the one thing I went to say," Bass says. "I don't think it's wrong, I'm not devastated going through this. I'm more liberated and happy than I've been my whole life. I'm just happy."
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Re: Lance Bass of N'Sync is gay?.....yeah I can kind of see that......

Post by Murphdogg »

bingolong,

"I'm in shock, I can't believe soemone would stay in the closet for so long"-Tom Cruise
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

was just bouncing this one around via e-mail. this definitely wasn't shocking or new news :lol: it was more like "and...???" :lol:
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

tamra and Murphdog,
Yeah it is a major blow to [/i]infeminite heterosexual[/i] trying to find a mate.....what will Clay Aiken do now to prove to the world he is straight?

[img]http://www.calicocat.com/images/clay_breast.jpg[/img]
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

LMFAOOOOO!!!! :lol: I know the pressure's on for Clay.

but the thing is when will we have a I don't give a shit who's straight or gay day? I wanna know when mofos will come out and say "I'm an evil sommabitch" and come on out the integrity closet. :lol:

because there are only 2 types of people to me: evil, dirty, rotten scoundrels and the not evil, dirty, rotten scoundrels :)
---
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

deepseas, I think it's kind of messed up that he didn't come out when he was on top, now that's his career is over he comes out..maybe I'm just over skeptical here.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Murphdogg, deepseas,& tamra,
Yeah he really had me fooled with that movie http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0279286/ - On The Line' though.....The girl in that movie he was trying to get at was fly to me!! @.@

But all jokes aside I feel you. Is it safe to say the homosexuality is one of the last real discrimination barriers that this country has to cross?
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

deepseas,
Definitely.....racial or gender discriminations aren't going anywhere (http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php ... e_off_airp - ask Monique') but I mean it's one of the last barriers.....socially and more importantly politcally that has not really been properly "adjusted".

Some 80 years ago the political debate brought about the 19th ammendment for women.....some 40 years later civil rights for blacks....then another 40 years or so pass and now Bush gets voted in based in some part to being against gay marriage.

Minorities and females need to help the gays out cause that was us ( and still is us)not to long ago...... b.b
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

Murphdogg,
wow i was watching a movie with Rock Hudson in it about twenty years ago or so....an my brother walked by an said that he was gay an i said naw.... :( i was in shock then....
tamra

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

yup, that's why it's called acting. :lol: but there are a lot of gay actors kissing on women daily.

but as for gay discrimination, when I walk through a door, it's clear I'm black. but say I looked like Paris Hilton, would anyone say, I think this heffa is gay, lemme tell her the position has already been filled/apt already been taken. no one really knows if someone is straight or gay, even if they're a cross dresser. cross dressing could just be their thing.

however, for a very highly visible position in sales, we had a gay guy that could not be hired. he looked literally like Julie Andrews and Sandy Duncan had a kid together, and walked w/more ass wiggle :lol: than me. he was openly gay, very nice, and a flight attendant. but for high tech sales w/the likes of middle class america, he made every man in office feel uncomfortable, which meant sales wasn't possible.
---