shani davis gets gold 8 ))

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
blumustard

shani davis gets gold 8 ))

Post by blumustard »

I love it.
All the Dutch skaters whipped again. :lol:
It's a beautiful thang! :)
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: shani davis gets gold 8 ))

Post by tamra »

blumustard,

yeah I saw that he made history. MAJOR applause to him, esp. coming from the south side of Chicago which probably didn't provide many options.

and I was just going off about what's going on w/Davis.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/o ... ml?cnn=yes - CNN Sports Illustrated Story'

they've got the brother under an unnecessary microscope. and I guess Bryant Gumbel can ease up a little for complaining about the statement of winter olympians being deemed the greatest athletes ever.

here's a brother, Davis, not selling drugs, killing somebody including a white woman, and not representing thugs and gangsters, yet he's STILL being hit w/racial attacks and crazy one-sided criticism including from his white teammates.

damn, what more do we have to do? 'cause after slavery, civil rights and now Katrina :lol:, we've proven we ain't going no fucking where. so luv our black asses or at least give us a fucking break!

ok soapbox over :lol:
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
robfharris

Post by robfharris »

tamra,
"yeah I saw that he made history. MAJOR applause to him, esp. coming from the south side of Chicago which probably didn't provide many options."

You've obviously have never been on the South Side of Chicago in February trying to make the train on time... I'm surprised more brothers haven't figured out the speed skating thing.
:p
Now that Johnnie's gone, I guess I should start being nice to the cops.
tamra

Post by tamra »

robfharris,

naaah, not unless Timbs makes ice skates :lol:
---
ed broeth

Post by ed broeth »

tamra,
and let us not forget the teasing he got for wearing a BONNIE BLAIR t-shirt...lol
tamra

Post by tamra »

ed broeth,
:lol: yeah I know he was seriously teased. kinda like Gene Anthony Ray in Fame - the scene where he was walking to school w/his tights in tow :lol:
---
ed broeth

Post by ed broeth »

tamra,
or me just going to school on any day..lol :lol: :lol:
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

tamra,
everyone in sports has made that statement about them all bein the greatest athlete........they even tried to say Tiger Woods was the greatest athlete but i think if you took away the ball then golf could be called walking.......me myself i think heavyweight boxers are the greatest athletes .......an the champion Muhamid Ali was the greatest or even Jim Thorpe the Olylmpian was the greatest athlete of all an it is sad to think that the guy that took away his medals was one of the guys he beat to get his medals so maybe it was a case of super jealousy....i mean the guy got older an became head of the Olympic committee an then decided to take away Thorpes medals on a small technicallity.... b.b
keavin

Post by keavin »

Appaloosa,
what about the ice scateing brother not speaking to him's team mates? 8-o 8-o
tamra

Post by tamra »

keavin,

but what about how his teammates not speaking to him? and putting certain expectations upon him and not others. this double standard when it comes to races has to stop. :(

Appaloosa,

what a bitter prick to take away Thorpe's medals. but obviously the guy's misery didn't end by doing that. people like that are just notoriously bitter and confused including about what they're mad about. but they're a problem for everyone else. @.@
---