wow just heard Christopher Penn died

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

wow just heard Christopher Penn died

Post by tamra »

at age 43... man my head is spinning. what is going on?

but at this point prayers, love and much hope for his family and loved ones.

yes he's Sean Penn's brother. yes, he's the one from Reservoir Dogs, Too Wong Foo, etc.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11014546/ - http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11014546/'

more info:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html - CNN story'
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
koda

Re: wow just heard Christopher Penn died

Post by koda »

tamra,
I just can't believe it! What a great guy,... great actor! I will miss him sooo much and my heart just aches for his family.It just don't seem possible, it's such a shock.
May you rest in peace Chris...you will be greatly missed and never forgotten.
[img]https://richardpryor.com/forums/images/ ... tach/CHRIS & SEAN PENN IN AT CLOSE RANGE.jpg[/img]
Those who laugh...LIVE!
tamra

Post by tamra »

koda,

that is a great photo of him and w/the person who helped him get his life back on track and had undying love for him. I've always enjoyed Chris' performances. forgot he was also in All The Right Moves w/Craig T. Nelson, Tom Cruise and quite a few other rising stars.

I just wonder if the universe is spinning a little too fast, maybe everyone is leaning too far on one side or something -- disperse people. weekly it's been one shocker after another. :(
---
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

tamra,t I am watching "Footloose" right now and I just saw that pic koda posted from "Close Range",then I look at the recent pic of him in the article Tamra linked...I don't know what was going in his life and it will be a few weeks until they get results back but somebody should have stepped in a long time ago and got him "Celebrity Fit Camp" drug intervention whatever it was that was giving him the problems that possibly led up to his death. He was just as talented as his brother and had the potential to be a leading man when you look at his pics form the 80's...but all the sudden he put on that weight and never took it off.

I say this b/c I had been a fan of dude since 80's movies ike "Footloose' and the "Wild Life" but it seems like by the time "Reservoir Dogs" he was a different person altogether.Like the article stated he was a very underrated actor who should have had many more years of acting in him....sad :(
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

yeah and if you look at the previews for his new movie "Darwin Awards", he looks a little thinner.

and you're right, he was once pretty small. but I guess a lot has to do w/taking care of yourself. because All The Right Moves wasn't that far apart from Footloose and At Close Range.

but it seems like his brother did help him get off drugs and straighten up.

but stress, schedules, diet, all could have played a factor. I see folks like Clint Eastwood and Bernie Casey, who CAN STILL GET IT!!! and wonder how they do it.
---
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

tamra,
:lol: :lol:
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

bingolong,

What's next after Footloose? [/i]Dirty Dancing[/i]???

pussy.

:lol: