Catagory 5 Heading for Houston

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
bcddjjsc690

Catagory 5 Heading for Houston

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

As the people of the Galveston and Houston areas flee for their lives and well- being ( Pets included this time )

take the time for a prayer, meditation , or anything you personally do , to focus positive thoughts to and about the region about to be affected by this powerful storm ,(Due Sat AM)

Hopefully some good can be learned from the past storm and more lives can be kept out of harms(Rita's) way .
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: Catagory 5 Heading for Houston

Post by bingolong »

bcddjjsc690,
I have family in both those those areas that I haven't been in touch with for awhile but are in prayers more than ever today.... b.b
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

ironically I have family in Houston who just evacuated from New Orleans to family living in Houston. but luckily the majority left before Katrina hit. still I'm sure this new required move is just as traumatic for those who evacuated New Orleans later.

man, these back to back severe storms are like a nightmare that won't end. but what's inspiring is the faith of many has not been shattered and the first person many have turned to is God.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

bingolong,
Glad it was a near miss . The evacuation was not perfect ,but when will, getting 3 million people to flee an ensuing storm , be perfect . This can only help plans in the future, they now know fuel trucks will be needed along any major excape route ,the process at least will be on the table for discussion. and that should get good solutions to the top .After it's all over, Katrina was a Beatdown , Rita was just a bitch slap.
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
mojones

Post by mojones »

bcddjjsc690,

I live in Houston. If you can call my life, living. Anyway, Rita came and went with little impact here. The areas that really got it were Beaumont, Jasper and surrounding counties like that. I was actually out of town when the storm hit. Needless to say, I was elated to find my house was fine. Wish more people could say the same...