Frustration.

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
jane_haze

Frustration.

Post by jane_haze »

Now why the fuck can't I find this story on CNN?!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4088310.stm

It has taken Mississippi FORTY YEARS! to finally decide to find the murderer of a black man and two yankee jews who were trying to help black voters get registered. A little late, don't you think? What frustrates me even more is that there is no coverage of this! This makes me loose even more faith in our justice system. I mean, what's the worse that could happen? They sentance the old timer to life in prison? Wow. That'll be a short two weeks.
I don't know Karate. But I know Ka-Razy!
robfharris

Re: Frustration.

Post by robfharris »

jane_haze,
Actually this is his second trial. The first one in the 60's ended in a hung jury, because one member refused to send a white man to prison. What is horrible is it has taken this long to retry him.
I think the coverage has been really good. Yesterday CNN had programming dedicated to it during the morning. They discussed the defendant, the victims, and the prosecutions case. Court TV discussed the case in some detail on "Open Court", between mindless chatter of the Jackson verdict.

MSNBC dedicated a half an hour of programming to the case; it was a well done report, discussing the history of Philadelphia, Mississippi. Talking to the people of the city on both sides of the case,the man that was the Secretary of State for Mississippi in the late 80's, that was the first person in public office to make an official apology from Mississippi to the families. He talked about the 'thank you' letters he received for that statement as well as the amount of 'hate' mail he received. They also had interviews of one of the victims mothers that were done in the 70's and 80's.

What surprised me the most was the USA Network, showed "Mississippi Burning". I checked to see if it was scheduled, when I checked the listings for that time "Sgt. Bilko" was originally scheduled to air. So they made a last minute decision to air this at around the time the trial started.

This case will not receive the coverage the Jackson case has. I'm quick to joke about how poorly the national media covers really important news. But yesterday I was surprised at the amount of coverage this did receive.
Now that Johnnie's gone, I guess I should start being nice to the cops.
robfharris

Post by robfharris »

I stand corrected, Court TV is carrying the trial live and they have reporters at the Courthouse giving live updates.
Seems like they are going attempt to give this some of the attention they gave the Jackson trial.
That has to be an interesting place to be right now. They say the courtroom is packed, family members of the victims including the brother of James Chaney and members of the Klan giving visible support. There is also a crowd outside the courthouse. Man... this is going to be interesting.
robfharris

Post by robfharris »

GUILTY
GUILTY
GUILTY
jane_haze

Post by jane_haze »

robfharris,

As it should be.
I don't know Karate. But I know Ka-Razy!
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

jane_haze,

Of course the summbitch was allowed to live a full life before receiving justice. What a bunch of bullshit.