Cos on Tom Joyner

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
dougdigitalpro

Re: Cos on Tom Joyner

Post by dougdigitalpro »

jermainebailey,
fo shizzle! ;p :) Just went and saw the film yesterday and man....he said it would make a grown man cry and my big ass was teary-eyed from when I left the show all the way back home. The ending is something magical, but I won't give it away. I really had doubts about this film based on what i had heard but Cos pulled it off big time. Somehow he was able to bring it into the present day and yet keep the same structure and tone as the TV show. It truly is like watching a live version of the series but I think the last act is what pushes it into feature film status. Highly recommend to all, especially black men. We're the ones who really need it.
An artist who
plans to change the game and free minds!
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

dougdigitalpro,
Yeah I just wish they kept the 70's animation and let Cos do the voices for the kids(Also Rudy should have had more edge) but otherwise I agree about the flick and the ending.I wasn't expecting it to get that deep!!! B-)
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

bingolong,
yeah, those are the same flaws I saw, but at least he went after the girl.LOL I don't why they used that style of animation, it was kinda off and cheap to me and I was kinda hoping that Cos would do a wrap up at the end like on the TV show. Other than that it was great and really smart filmmaking by Joel Zwick & Cos.
An artist who
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

dougdigitalpro,
Yeah the wrap up would have been real straight too!! :)It also hurt that I did recently get refreshed with the cartoon but the ending of the movie made it for me!!
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

bingolong,
yeah, the ending is the point of the whole movie and makes the whole thing worthwhile. Thanks Cos for making the magic happen one mo time. :) ):)
An artist who
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

dougdigitalpro,

Damnit, Steve... You beat me by a few seconds for the first post of the new year. You Detroit livin' M.F!

(I had to start a new thread, so mine took a few seconds longer. Also I type slower than your mother XXXXXXXXXXXXX--edited for content--XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seroiusly, I bet your mother is very nice. At least that's what Bingo told me... ;)
mojones

Post by mojones »

dougdigitalpro,

Do you guys really recommend Fat Albert?? If you guys say so, I'll check it out. It just looked kinda schmaltzy to me. Then again, I was wrong about Ray and Curb Your Enthusiam too.
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

mojones,
I haven't looked at this thread in awhile so forgive me for missing your post, John, you motherXXXXXXX! :lol:

Cos was here in Detroit on Thursday at a community college here, WCCC. JTF, I know you know the one I'm talking about. Good ol WCCC, where ANYBODY can get a degree...guaranteed! :lol: Anyways, he's on tour now going across the country talking about how screwed up black America is. The main gripe that I've been hearing(myself included) is Cos talks a good game, but he's not coming to the hood. Well, going to WCCC is about as "hood" as you can get and he spoke to 1800 eager listeners for free and at the end he put his fist in the air which the press happily took a picture of and printed next to the article. Next they'll be saying it's the second coming of Malcolm X and in a way, it is becuase Cos comes from that generation and that legacy continues through him. Cos exemplifies the best of what Malcolm spoke and has demonstrated that in his own way throughout his entire career and to see him now, in his late 60's, when he should be resting on his laurels, out there stomping the ground still fighting the good fight is why I love this dude so much. It says there is still hope and somebody still gives a damn. Something I haven't heard in a long time. Cos knows this is not the time for comedy routines and Vegas shows. He's taking full advantage of his star power and putting his money where his mouth is.
So, that's the last time I'll ever say that about him. Go 'head, Cos. You never cease to amaze me and you inspire the shit (whoops, curse word!;p ) out of me always.
Luv u, man!

AND GO SEE FAT ALBERT!!!
An artist who
JoeBraxton(remembermeRich?)

Post by JoeBraxton(remembermeRich?) »

bingolong,
Peace and power. You can go to www.americablackweb.com and pick up TJMS and tune in previous shows. I hav'nt been there in awhile but it use to be nice to listen to them at
anytime and cut to the chase, whatever part you want to.
Take care