Cos on Tom Joyner

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
dougdigitalpro

Cos on Tom Joyner

Post by dougdigitalpro »

Yesterday Bill Cosby did the Tom Joyner Morning radio show and sat for the entire three hours and it was really something to listen to. It was Bill at his very best and he didn't bring any added baggage along to discuss other than the obvious promotion for the Fat Albert film but I have to say it was a real joy to listen to him being classic Bill and I think for any younger listeners out there a real education on just what this man has done for comedy and for entertainment. They played clips from his old routines and even a record he recorded in the seventies that he said peaked at No. 4 called "Little Old Man" and even that had a message in it. That was new info to me and I thought I knew everything about Cos. He rattled off some great stories and it immediately took me back to when I was in high school and used to just sit in my bedroom and listen to his records and hear that laid back Cosby voice. It was a great great show and easily one of Joyner's best and even co-DJ Mara J. had to say at the end, "This was one of the greatest days of my life." as to which Cos replied, "Well, you need to get out more often." :lol:
He did comment on the "dirty laundry" issue, but it was a lot more lighthearted and not as angry this trip and he made a remark to this connected to the Vibe awards that I'll share and it pretty much sums it up for me:

"I was watching TV a few weeks ago and I see Quincy on stage reading looking like Mr. Magoo and then people are suddenly pushing and sticking each other and one guy in a tux threw a chair. Why is there always one guy at the brawl who throws a chair? And how do you it with a tux on? Anyway, so i called Quincy later and said, "Q, I just want to ask you one question: Was it the NIGGAS that were fighting or the NIGGERS?"

Nuff said.
An artist who
plans to change the game and free minds!
JTF
XXX

Re: Cos on Tom Joyner

Post by JTF »

dougdigitalpro,

Wow. I could listen to 3 hours of Cos, but Tom Joyner? Hell no! I did my time having to listen to it for four hous a day, every day. When TJ paid GPR to end the contract I felt set free! The best thing that 92.3 EVER did. They still suck though. Have you noticed that they only have two live people on the air during the week?
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

dougdigitalpro,
Sorry I missed that sounds like a good program.This is good PR on his part to handle that "dirty laundry" issue like this now.I watched some of the episodes from Fat Albert on DVD and at least every story had a moral (even though them kids were so poor there playground was a junkyard...I guess if that was today those would be the same kids who parents buy them $500 shoes instead of "Hooked on Phonics" which some of them kids in the "Junkyard Gang" really needed.......... b.b)
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

JTF,
You mean on 92.3? I only go out of my way to listen to Frankie Darcell who is da shiznit. I don't mess with no one else. Yeah, listening to Cos made you quickly realize just how juvenile the humour is on his show. Cos really punched it up a notch. Some stuff they do is funny, mostly with J. Anthony Brown, but the rest is do-do. Especially that stupid ass soap opera. I could almost sense some of the stuff they were saying was kinda embarrassing Cos.
An artist who
jermainebailey

Post by jermainebailey »

dougdigitalpro,
Well here in the nyc, we dont have Tom Joyner..Thank God..he was here for a min, but got off...I always thought he sucks..very overrated..anyway..wish I could here the Cos on the station..but I got the chance to see him live earier this month at the apollo theather. It was like watching and hearing the grandfather I wished I had..Very funny but yet educational. I also liked it when he talks about the"bagage." I TOTALLY AGREE with him..We need more parent power..and if any body got a beef with that..then your the group he's talking about..niggas! And like Chris Rock says, NIGGAS HAS GOT TO GO!"
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

jermainebailey,
In the word of a famous Cos routine.....RIGHT! :)

Man, to see him at the Apollo must've been something!
An artist who
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

jermainebailey,

You think Joyner sounded bad here in NYC? When he was first on in Detroit, the station I was at had him record a bunch of things that were supposed to fit together. He recorded shit like... "Checking the weather... Looking at the weather for today... Well today..." and "It's gonna rain... Sunny skies... Mostly cloudy..." "With a high of" "43... 44... 45... 46..."

I came out sounding awful the one time I did what I was told: "Checking the weather, SUNNY SKIES, [/i]with a high of[/i] [Font size=6 face=c color=Olive]FOURTY-FIVE DEGREES..."[/font]

From that point on, WGPR did a morning show with no weather forcast...
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

JTF,
Shit, what are you talkin bout. He's still doing that shit! :lol:
An artist who
mojones

Post by mojones »

dougdigitalpro,

Joyner is okay. He's just trying to make money like everybody else. I dont' dis him because he does a lot of good charity work. The good outweighs the bad -- he's like a church.
jermainebailey

Post by jermainebailey »

dougdigitalpro,

IT WAS..the man came out and did his routine in a fat Albert promo sweatshirt, sweatpaints, slippers with socks underneath....THATS GANGSTA!