anyone suprised by this at all?

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
billyb0y

Re: anyone suprised by this at all?

Post by billyb0y »

Slapshot99,
One question......where did the majority of the Hi-jackers come from?
It's just me being me
Slapshot99
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by Slapshot99 »

astonamous,
Not accusing you of not caring. I applaude your passion. . Birth is a painful process. Iraq will have its growing pains...and Us being THE world power will have to play wetnurse to it. Iraq will one day be a fine democratic nation.
I still have a number of friends that have returned to Iraq....not because they're "blowing shit up" or they need the "adrenaline rush of a fire fight'...but because the people that the have positively influenced there .....just by being americans.......that care and can do something about it.
billyb0y

Post by billyb0y »

Slapshot99,
Sometimes people are too quick to judge pal....
I suggest you read some of the posts before you come in and make an ass of yourself!

Plus you never answered my questions because you afraid to spoil your theory ]:o(
It's just me being me
Slapshot99
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by Slapshot99 »

astonamous,

"Maybe he wasn’t open minded enough to all that killing."
How obtuse was that statement?...YEssirrree thats all we're doing there.....Killing people....WOW....amazing...Funny thing about that picture you used to make your point...that could have been taken during Saddam's period of rule...which only adds to the paradigm each of us have. Do you know anything about PEST CONTROL?...I mean whats the most efficient way to rid your house of roaches?...Kill them one at a time as they reveal themselves on your countertop?...Or is it better to fumigate the ENTIRE house and take the whole colony?...I admit...we're having our share of problems dealing with the unseen pockets of resistance..The same pockets that are using the fear of reprisal and hidden terrorist's attacks against their very own people....But I have seen and heard so much more good stuff from the men and women that HAVE BEEN THERE. I personally KNOW people that are returning for second and third duty rotations there....because of the positive influences they have encountered there with the Iraqi people....not because they want to shoot people or stuff....or blow up a Mosque. The world needs more Pat Tillman's...
Billyboy,
Sorry my veiwpoint doesn't match yours...and if that mere fact alone makes me an ass in YOUR eyes....more power to you....you have that right to judge me as do I you, sir. A long line of people GAVE you that right doing things that weren't exactly popular with other governing paradigms...I come from a VERY long line of military heritage and dedication in my family...My family has ALWaYS had a member in the Armed Forces...I'm proud to do it. Always will.... Remember this....Nothing......and I mean nothing....is more powerful to me than someone handing me a flower through a fence because you're there to help HER...and you see it in her smile and her eyes as she softly says.."Thanks Yank"....So quickly judge me an ass...YOU HAVE THAT RIGHT
billyb0y

Post by billyb0y »

Slapshot99,
How very American of you.
I respect all of the Armed Forces and I even respect you.. But you should read the post more closely.
I wasn't calling you an ass because you were in the service..I was calling you an ass for trying to piss off my friend astonamous before you even got to know her.
I have written three or four questions for you to answer and you didn't answer them but you decided to patriotically stick up for my rights.
Lying,to get what you want, are the actions of a child not a president!
What theater did you fight in where someone called you yank and handed you a flower?
It's just me being me
Slapshot99
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by Slapshot99 »

billyb0y,
It was during a visit to Kosovo looking for mass graves with a VP unit...I can't really say where and when without getting my ass into trouble.....but it did happen... I do remember noone wanted us THERE either..and as for pissing off anyone.....I'm not trying to....I really think were going to end up doing good in the long run in Iraq...I really do know alot of people that have spent a great deal of time there in Iraq and they always sound positive about their time there aswell...I don't agree with everything that Bush has done.....But Kerry wasn't the answer...and you're right.....maybe I should take the time to reflect back on alot of your post's before I open my mouth.....I mean...we do have two ears and one mouth....So I should LISTEN twice as much as I speak....which I do off the cuff. So my Apologies
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

dumbass,
I support Dave and Billy and Trudy in this discussion-one hundred percent:
We are in Irag "to spread freedom" and we are also...the perpatrators of the vilolence---this is a completely failed and fucked up duality that cannon work, that is not working...
I don't think anyone can disagree with that point...in fact...with Geroge Staephanopolous this am-republican and dems agree on this very point....
they also agreed on...with every bomb...anti-American sentiment increases...fucking Newt GIngrich thinks it's a failed policy---by now it's just sheer idocy to defend this horrorendous useless oil driven war... 8-o :X
Slapshot99
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by Slapshot99 »

dumbass,
WOW..........to prevent an escalation of this topic I'll leave alone with this last comment. I have and will ALWAYS support my friends in the military that have given their time, effort and lives over there for the people of Iraq. I have sat and listened to all their stories of how they have helped and supported the people of Iraq and the wonderful things that are happening there. I have also listened to those same stories about families that have taken in those same US personnel and treated them like one of their own thanking the gods that we are there. For a kid of 19 to want to go back for a THIRD tour says something to me. He's not a fighter, nor a BDU guy or a thrill seeker....just a really nice kid that cares about human beings. I applaude all your passion about this. Most americans can't even point out Iraq on a map. You have your viewpoint...and I have mine.......wow
billyb0y

Post by billyb0y »

Slapshot99,
Everyone here supports the troops.....What we don't support is the war.
We have our beliefs, like you have yours, and I hope you didn't mean to infer that we don't support the troops.
It's just me being me
Slapshot99
Inactive Member
Inactive Member

Post by Slapshot99 »

billyb0y,
Not at all.....I'm just inferring that maybe some of us are better chess players because we can see 6 moves down the board than others...Saddam had to be dealt with...and I'm glad I was part of that movement that dealt with his regime. He was a bad link in a chain that was getting worse for us here in the US. Lets add another link to that chain.......like some of the "missing" nuclear material from the now defunct Soviet Union..We have no idea where it is...Can you even imagine that? I think we've ended alot of "How did we let it get..." questions by removing him and his control over Iraq. The world is an evil and complex place and I for one think its a much safer place now.

"Some day this war's gonna end". Lt. Colonel William 'Bill' Kilgore.