Let's Send the Bastard Home, Folks

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
gus_gorman

Re: More 'them' than 'us'

Post by gus_gorman »

mi1house,
we could be only 45 minutes from another Bryan Adams record. Rumour has it he is holed up in a mobile middle-of-the-road music-production trailer, plotting global aural devastation. Noriega had it easy.
NickFlanagan

Oh man...

Post by NickFlanagan »

Jennifer,

I just wanted to let you know that this news of the Bush win sucks, and I hope that you guys and gals are taking it without getting too depressed, but I can understand if you are. It's worrying me a lot; he's the most full of shit dude. But you can take solace in the fact that if he keeps pulling the kinds of stunts that happened in his first administration, half the country will not take it and will make it known. I'll never understand why isn't being as held accountable for his administration's actions as he should be. Is anybody seriously considering moving?
Carson

Post by Carson »

astonamous,

Tuesday was my first time voting, since I am only 19.

I agree with most of what you had to say. But however, Kerry could've had Ohio and possibly Florida in the bag, but he didn't do something that the Bush campaign did. And that was visit these small rural areas, and reach out to them. He stuck to the majority big counties.

On a related note, am I the only one who notices this? Every single time someone brings up the Patriot Act, or unjust war for oil, the righty conservatives always shoot those arguments down with something like "oh shut up about the patriot act, that's old news!" or "oh it's so cliche to bring up the war on iraq!" It's sad that they view issues on the same level as they view pop music.

The right has been treating the past two presidential elections like a football game. They don't really care about the issues as long as their team wins. George W. could send their boys into a war that doesn't even make any sense, and they'd still support him. Why? Because there are terrorists coming to get them in middle america! Oh nos! They need protection for the Pabst Blue Ribbon brewery! It's a major terrorist target, dontchaknow.

The District of Columbia and New York were the two areas attacked on 9/11. And who did they vote for? John Kerry, not Bush. If NY and DC aren't worried about being without Bush's "protection" from being attacked, then middle america should just settle the fuck down and think for a second.

You hit the nail right when you said well-paying jobs are being replaced with jobs like Wal-Mart. Now these are the type of jobs, you and I would go to College to avoid ever ending up with. I live in Piedmont area of North Carolina, there's a new home development going up where 2700 houses will be built. Even though the interest rate is low, and the only jobs coming in this area is a Wal-Mart, Home Depot, and Target. How in the hell are people going to afford houses in this development that range from $130,000 to $250,000? Simply put, some of them are not.

Being a College student, it has been rather difficult for me to find a new job. The Grocery store jobs, and restaurant jobs once taken by High School and College students are now being taken by laid off factory workers.

I am a registered Democrat, but I fund it hard to actually lean strong towards either canddiate. He called the war wrong on several occasions, he attacked Bush for starting this personal war against Iraq. Yet two minutes later he's trying to tell me he's going to unite the world and bring in allies to help with Iraq.

Some people say this election would be decided based on the "lesster of the two evils", "the lesser of the two idiots", or how about it was two extremes? One mand stands firmly behind his decisions, right or wrong. The other refused to take a real stance on issues and instead tried to appeal to both sides of the fence.

As for the whole same sex marriage thing, I want to compromise on the issue. Give gay couples the rights of married couples but call it a civil union and not a marriage. But the Country showed that my opinion is not the one they all share, and quite frankly they have that right. Just as we have the right to disagree with them.

John Kerry wants America to unite and heal as a nation. But I cannot come together with these homophobic, isolationist, ethnocentric rednecks. This Country is in a shroud of ignorance. We can't, and don't compromise or come together with them. They don't care about about gay peoples rights, minorities, the economy, the environment, or the elderly.

Coming from an upperclass family, the tax cut benefit my family. However, they're registered Democrats like myself, and have always been straight Democrat. Now I've branched out on my own, and know what it's like to be a minority. I worked at a video store to relieve a guy who was called in to Iraq during the early part of the year.

I was able to keep the job until he returned, the store manager was going to allow me to stay but with reduced hours. I had to decline, working only 4 hours on the weekend would barely earn me nothing more than gas money. I took the option to leave thinking there would be some job available out there, the ones that were available required experience, such as Welding, and they were only interested in full-time help. Luckily I know a thing or two about cars to restore them on free time.

If it's hard finding a job now, I can only imagine how the next 4 years with Cheney and Rumsfeld running the country will be.
mi1house

Post by mi1house »

Just read this quote from Bush on Salon.com regarding tax reforms:

"I'll reach out to everyone who shares our goals"

The question I have is, who then is he reaching out to? Republicans? That to me is as divisive a statement that can be made. Kinda like saying something like "In the name of freedom I will hold you captive.". Hehe, WTF do I know anyway. $heeit.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

mi1house,
Exact;y-cause my goals sure as fuck aren't King George's goal...
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Jennifer,
I just got off the phone with my buddy working for the Air Force in Germany and in the news America is looking like a bunch of idiots over there right now.... :(
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

bingolong,

America is looking like a bunch of idiots from right here too. And I'm in NYC!
Rage_Abraxas

Post by Rage_Abraxas »

bingolong,
Looks about the same in Japan & Australia also...
...don't fight the power take it back
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Rage_Abraxas,
...And to think this is [/i]literally[/i] my neighbors fault!!! How stupid can they get when the rest of the world can plainly see the bullshit....b.b b.b :(
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
billyb0y

Post by billyb0y »

dumbass,
Need I say more???

[img]http://dogsnot.net/mt/archives/bush_twins.jpg[/img]
It's just me being me