Superman

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
mojones

Superman

Post by mojones »

Christopher Reeve passed away. Damn, all my heroes are leaving me! Dangerfield, Reeve -- I'm afraid to look at the news. Suddenly the world seems like a colder place.
dougdigitalpro

Re: Superman

Post by dougdigitalpro »

mojones,
You beat me to it! But this ain't no news to be rushing to tell. b.b I heard about it tonight and i swear I just went to my bedroom door and just leaned my head into it for about five minutes. I was literally STUNNED to tears.
You guys have to understand, the first Superman movie had a SERIOUS impact on me. I was 8 when I saw it and was just blown away and totally believed in the man who could fly. Star Wars had an impact on me on for different reasons (wanting to be a filmaker, storytelling, etc.) but Superman made me believe in magic. It was in the real world. He flew around the city. Chris Reeve made you believe. He was a true hero in every sense of the word and his accident just made that true a hundred times more. Aw, the memories I have of watching that flick. This is just too fucking sad for words and too many great people are leaving us at an alarming rate! I guess this would truly signify the end of innocence for this kid who believed a man could fly...and as far as I'm concerned... he did!
Thank you Christopher Reeve for bringing the character of Superman to life so vividly for a an entire generation and RIP. I know you're flying around heaven and walking tall for real now.
An artist who
plans to change the game and free minds!
billyb0y

Post by billyb0y »

dougdigitalpro,
Ditto Doug!
Here was a man who refused to give up. He could have gone into seclusion but no..He became an an inspration for change and positive thinking.
One of the greatest things I ever saw was during a Super Bowl halftime when he walked out on stage and accepted an award. Of course it was special effects but it made people think and remember, that anything's possible.
He truly was a man of steel and I will miss him terribly!
Thanks Chris!
It's just me being me
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

billyb0y,
When I saw that this he passed this morning on GMA I was just in shock.He made you believe he would eventually beat his condition but he did make alot of headway towards that goal before his untimely death.b.b

Plus he showed pity on Gus Gorman in Superman III... @.@

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,1 ... ml?eol.tkr - R.I.P.'
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

astonamous,

'Nuff said...
Linda Sue

Post by Linda Sue »

astonamous, cool photo. There is another one I saw this morning on the CNN site of Richard and Reeve together at the Superman III premiere that is wonderful too. http://www.cnn.com/ Go to Gallery, next to the story heading about Reeve's death. God bless him. I bet it felt great to be able to WALK through the gates of heaven!
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Linda Sue

Post by Linda Sue »

bingolong, Yup, that's the one, thanks!! I bet Jennifer and Richard will appreciate seeing the pic also. Looking back on good times will sometimes help ease our current pain. Chris was a great man and will be missed.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

astonamous,
Amen to that!! :)