RIP, Mr. James!

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
mojones

Re: RIP, Mr. James!

Post by mojones »

bingolong,

I think the Rick James biopic may be dead at this point. But I hope not. The movie would've only increased his fame and cd sales. And that money could really help the children he left behind.

Never knew James had a pacemaker and diabetes. Sure wish he had taken better care of himself.
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

mojones,
Yeah, I didn't think he looked all that well in the Chappelle skit. Appeared kinda bloated and pasty. It's so weird talking about him not being here. This just happened so fast! b.b
An artist who
plans to change the game and free minds!
Smokey H

Post by Smokey H »

dougdigitalpro,

Yeah, he was in BAD shape...
with the pacemaker, I'm sure they
could have seen some immediate problem
that caused his death (same with another stroke).

I'm just praying he didn't fall back
on his past lifestyle (as reported by E!) b.b

From other sources, the book and
new CD project were completed.
There is a rush on getting the disk
out before Christmas...

-Smoke
"It's a GIFT...and a CURSE."
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

Smokey H,

I'm just glad he was Rick James until the day he died.

Could you imagine if Rick had went to church and done one of those complete 180's and became a "Jeses freak?" THat would not have been pretty, with him redoing all his jams into pseudo-gospel tracks...

Doo-Doo-DOOH!
Jesus Christ!
I'm in love with Jesus Christ...
He's my main thing...
He makes me feel alright...
He makes my heart sing...

My girl likes to...
Praise God all the time
Praise God all the time
Praise God all the time...

VH1 would have done the Rick James story, complete with "And then it all came crashing down..." and "With a new life, a new wife and a new faith, James has released a new album of gospel songs, that is some of his best work ever.
Smokey H

Post by Smokey H »

JTF,

Little Richard-like...

I don't know...I think Kirk Franklin could
use a challenge.

-Smokey
"It's a GIFT...and a CURSE."
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

JTF,
:lol: :lol: :lol:
An artist who
Buutzilla

Post by Buutzilla »

We continue to lose some really great "old school" talents that this newer generation will never understand. They hear their music and when you turn on the oldies station the kids are saying "Hey, that's Twista's song." They don't realize that they newer generation of musicians, if you want to call them that, are using old school music. This will yet again be another case. Although I still consider George Clinton the true father of funk, I'll give Rick James his props. He was probably that first funkster that could really sing. But, this brings me to my point. There was a board for Roger Troutman when he died back in 99. Alot of people talked about trying to get a push together to get him to the Rock and Roll Hall of fame here in Ohio, which I strongly suggest you visit if you are here in the Land of Funk. They have Britney Spears crap in there. They have New Kids on the Block stuff in there. And a few other exhibits that I wouldn't have ever put in there. But, they don't have that serious Funk Section in there to recognize that period of music. I don't think there will ever be another era like the 70's and 80's. Groups, singers, and real music! Come on...that may never happen again. I don't know if the push for Roger Troutman is still on...and I hope it is. But, I also hope that somebody begins a push to get Rick James in there now. Too bad you have to be gone before "mainstream" America appreciates what you did way back when.
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

Buutzilla,
Well said and I hope they get a push together to get Rick & Roger in there also. I'll be down for it definitely. This country can be so fuckin' racist sometimes it just makes me sick! Britney Spears??? WTF???
An artist who
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

dougdigitalpro,
Mr. P just did a shout out to Rick in his latest diary entry. Very nice...and very much Richard Pryor. :)

We're all glad you're here too, Mr. P. Keep on keepin the sunshine on our faces! B-)

Much Luv
An artist who