RIP: Syreeta

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: RIP: Syreeta

Post by bingolong »

JTF,
I wonder? :p ;) :lol: :lol:
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

bingolong,
Damn, what a voice! Too sad. And the world goes a little darker. b.b What a great song "With you I'm born again" was. Yes, she should have been huge with talent like that but I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I may be mistaken, but I believe I saw her reunite with Stevie Wonder at a free concert he did here in Detroit in 2001. I didn't recognize it was her until somebody mentioned she used to be married to Stevie. They sang a love song and were very affectionate with each other, I remember that. I was kinda far back and it was packed, which is why it's a little foggy right now. If it was her, I'm grateful to have to have gotten to see it.
RIP Ms. Wright, we'll miss you always. :(
An artist who
plans to change the game and free minds!
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

dougdigitalpro,

I hate you for seeing that show. Was it at Chene Park?
NickFlanagan

Post by NickFlanagan »

JTF,
Sad news.
dougdigitalpro

Post by dougdigitalpro »

JTF,
LOL Nope. It was in Hart Plaza during the Detroit 200 celebration. It was something to see fo sho'. I actually videotaped it, but I gotta look for the tape and it's not the best quality due to trying to see over the crowd, but it's watchable in sections. I'm almost sure it was Syreeta who dueted with Stevie. If I dig it up, I'll let you know if I got that footage with them.
An artist who
plans to change the game and free minds!
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

dougdigitalpro,

We missed this one...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/0 ... mstead.ap/ - Izora Rhodes Armstead, who sang the 1980's dance club hit "It's Raining Men" as one half of the Weather Girls, has died. Her age was unknown.'

b.b I'm gonna go home and listen to my "Two Tons" LP b.b