Mccartney baby

Use this forum to share your poems or lyrics, or just to post thoughts and opinions in verse.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

Mccartney baby

Post by walrusjk »

Little known but great lyrics. Mid-1970's

by Paul McCartney

People gathered here tonight,
I want you to listen to me!
To your left and to you right,
You've got some pretty soily company.

Reader, writer, farmer, priest,
Breed controler, born deceased.
Indian, lawyer, doctor, dog,
And a plumber with a fattened hog.

Soily, soily,
The cat in satin trousers said it's oily.
Soily, soily,
The cat in satin trousers said it's oily,
you know he's right.

Romans, Italians, country men,
I want you to listen to me!
I've said it twice and I'll say it again,
We've got some pretty soily company.

Liar, cheater, jungle chief,
Saint, believer on relief.
Action painter, Hitler's son,
And a commie with a tommy gun.

Soily, soily,
Soily, soily,
The cat in satin trousers said it's oily,
Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.

Soily, soily,
Soily, soily,

If you want to hear it go on Youtube.com and search paul mccartney soily. Never did this in the studio. Only live but really is jagged edge. Check out "The mess" while you're at it..
jane_haze

Re: Mccartney baby

Post by jane_haze »

walrusjk,

Wait, which album was this off of? McCartney II?

Shoot if you looking at random mccartney vids on youtube, I think Londontown, Old Sir Siam, and Big Barn Bed have to be some of the cheesiest, yet funny in a b-movie way vids I've found.
I don't know Karate. But I know Ka-Razy!
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

jane_haze, Oh you're talking to the right guy. Big Barn Bed was the 1st track on Red Rose Speedway. Old Siam Sir is a great song. Track four on Back to the egg. Soily appeared on his live recording of his Wings over america tour album (I was in the audience..Toronto). It was also done in the studio but only available bootleg.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Cheesy?
jane_haze

Post by jane_haze »

walrusjk,

The cheese factor in some of those videos are up so high!

I love me some mccartney, don't get me wrong (he gave me a high five when I saw him prague!), but I'm totally jaded to the point I can't identify some cheddar balls, yo.

Now I'm gonna go listen to his *other* collaboration with Stevie Wonder...
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

jane_haze, His other collaboration with Stevie Wonder is called "What's that you're doing?" It's on tug of war.."Ebony and Ivory" is a song I can't hardly listen to...
jane_haze

Post by jane_haze »

walrusjk,

yeah, I know. That's why I said the *other* song... *Snicker.*

Speaking of, you know he did a song recently with Al Jarreau and George Benson, no? If you haven't heard it, I'd be more than happy to send it to you.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

jane_haze, Maccartney or Stevie? My sound went out on my computer last week but when I get it fixed I'd love to hear it. Thanks.. If you want to hear an obscure Maccartney record listen to "The Mess" which was the B-sde of Mary had a little lamb. It was done live in France and really rocks...
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

I have to brag a bit. A few birthdays ago I went to NYC and saw Ringo Star's all-star band with my gal, my buddy and his date. His date got us the tickets. It was at Radio City Music Hall. His date was Lee Starkey. Ringo's daughter. We walked to The Hilton after the concert and sat around and drank all night. She and I were the only smokers so every 15 minutes we'd step outside and smoke. She's truly a sweet heart and calls me occasionally. I figure I'm the 5th Beatle...
jane_haze

Post by jane_haze »

walrusjk,

Mccartney did the thing with jarreau and benson (random, no?).

I've got The Mess, as I downloaded Red Rose Speedway from 1albums.com not too long ago. I'm just happy to see other people who know mccartney to this degree!

I saw Ringo's All-Star band back in the late 90s, when it was Frampton, Randy Bachman, the Dude from Procol Harum, and Jack Bruce. I wanna say zak starkey was there too, but I can't be too certain. Regardless, it was awesome. But there was no hangin' with Lee Starkey after. Rock on for schmoozin' and watching Ringo.

-jane :)