Anyone ever feel strange watching origin of the universe type shows?

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

Anyone ever feel strange watching origin of the universe type shows?

Post by walrusjk »

I find PBS type shows on the origin of the universe and what we know about outer space interesting but sometimes when I'm getting into and trying to grasp the concepts I get a little freaked out. The new computer graphics used to demonstrate that we are a tiny fleck of matter on a tiny rock hurling through god knows where kinda freaks me out. There must be a mechanism in our brains that prevent us from thinking about it too much and going nuts. It's like you grasp it and feel a little alarmed and 10 minutes later your only care is what shoes Paris Hilton is wearing...
walrusjk

Re: Anyone ever feel strange watching origin of the universe type shows?

Post by walrusjk »

It's too funny after I wrote the above post I started paying attention to the movie on TV. It's "Animal House" and it was around the part where the proffesor played by Donald Sutherland is getting a few students high at his place for the first time and one of the kids he gets stoned is talking to Sutherland and goes..."So just as our universe might be on a molecule on some creature's finger nail we may have a universe on a molecule of one of our finger nails?.." See? It just ain't me....
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

walrusjk,
:lol: :lol:
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

walrusjk,

:lol: :lol:

and Animal House always brings ya back to reality too.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.