honoring MLK

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

honoring MLK

Post by Murphdogg »

I work for a corporation who pays alot of lip service to "diversity" and we don't get this day off. what horseshit. Anyways to honores the memory of a great man, a man who was too good for this world.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
EddieHill

Re: honoring MLK

Post by EddieHill »

Murphdogg, Everyone should be off today , I heard people say they would not take the day of if it were given to them. What dipshits! MLK was for eqaul rights for everyone. I used to take a point and take off for three days to celebrate MLK and go back to work on thursday and friday and then go on vacation for two weeks for my birthday. January was one big party month for me. Those were the good old days of working in the factorys on the night shift and parting like a madman. The NBA is on tonight you all. Cheers!
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

Murphdogg,

Then tell me the address so we can organize a march on that place!

The fact of the matter is.....This man did the damn thing. But even after all of that and getting smoked (meaning: shot the fuck up), people still do not show him NO LOVE.

What the freak is up wit' dat?

Even BROWN people be like looking aat at this day as just another day off from work. Not even recognizing the significance.

Making me want to say " BROWN PEOPLE, if it was not for this man, you ass would not have the right to VOTE. Which most of you do n't do ANYWAY".
Where is the LOVE?
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

EddieHill,
Kudo's for you.

& I AGREE! This man stood for everyone, not just BROWN people.

On this day, we should do SOMETHING to uplift our race. Put aside petty differences. & When I say RACE, I am referring to HUMAN-MANKIND - ALL RACES.
Stop being such haters and show some love.
Where is the LOVE?
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

all the companies I worked for never honored the day, yet talked about diversity, including Palm. but I always work on President's Day, and took MLK off, and advised my employer that I wouldn't take a day off to honor Hitler or former kings and queens of countries who participated in the Africa-US slave trade, therefore, why should I honor presidents who owned slaves or carried on the traditions of slavemasters??

day off granted w/out challenge. :) I mean what were they gonna say to my black ass, esp. w/one eyebrow raised waiting for a response. :lol: sometimes I took both days off and made sure I cussed a former slave master out on President's Day.

but you white Murph, you know you just want the day off and don't even know who Martin L. King Jr. is? *you know I'm kidding.* but seriously I just heard a company called Smith-something shut down company w/protests to have holiday honored by company. maybe more of yall should speak up. companies can no longer use that it costs too much to honor day excuse. it costs the same to honor former slavemasters on President's Day. @.@
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra, it's racism to a tee to not have it off. It pisses me off to no end. This is the first year I've worked it, for selfish reasons that I need to save all my days for the night job.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

if I had it my way, not only would MLK day be mandatory, I'd make sure all currency is changed to not honor slave owners and supporters of separate but not-even-close-to-equal practices! right now a blind organization is pressuring to have currency changed because the new paper currency makes it now impossible to distinguish one from the other. so if it's changed, may as well remove the slave owners too. no way in hell would jews allow Hitler to be represented on any currency used.

but check this out, starting yesterday, some jackass group www.newp.org (New England White Pride or Power, who gives a fuck!) placed white pride fliers on homes in Somers, NJ requesting for whites to *not* honor MLK, and of course, included the usual black on white crime stats, which are so far removed from truth, it's hilarious.

one thing about these jackass groups is they still don't have a clue on this day of all days. fed reserve chairman: not black, world banking leader: not black, world media leader: not black, president of u.s.: not black, british prime minister: not black, world religion leader: not black, CIA head: not black, FBI head, not black, Defense Secretary: not black. YET these ass backwards can't get a woman mofos still rank blacks as having so much more power over them. well, thanks for giving us power over them! they spent their whole day hating blacks while everyone else called them pathetic morons!
---
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra,
ever notice the folks in the white pride movement don't look like the kind of people who would have have a damned thing to be proud of? They are a non factor though, no power. the sad thing is most of them are poor white trash who are to blind to see their real enemy is the 2% of mainly white folks with 98% of the money. They've used divdide and conquar tatics forever to make poors whites hate blacks, blacks hate poor whites, everyone hate mexicans etc etc.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

yeah but don't forget about the not so poor ones like Trent Lott & David Duke. and federal prison still didn't slow Duke down @.@

hopefully these folks will become a relic of the past as more kids forget the hateful days.
---
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra,
oh snap don't get me started on the bullshit prison system in the united states, it's a special intrest with its' own lobbyist. And anything that would curb folks going to jail is bad for business.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com