Question..

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Question..

Post by Murphdogg »

Do you think it's a good or a bad thing to let your kids believe in Santa? For me I still remember how pissed and let down I was when I found out. I kind of danced around the subject with my first son, I just told him i was Santa, he never belived me though. :lol: he was always like "daddy you can't fly"
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
Mister Gee

Re: Question..

Post by Mister Gee »

Murphdogg,

My moms kinda got tired of the whole "Santa pretense" pretty early on. She'd always let me know WHO bought the presents. If I wanted something else, she'd say "Go ask Santa, and if you find him, tell him he owes me BIG time!!"

Peace gee
;)
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

I don't know, for me I remember the fun fantasy of believing Santa would be flying over, and listening to the radio broadcast of where Santa was currently at. as a kid, that was fun and exciting.

then the bubble burst when I saw presents hidden in areas of the house. I just figured it out, but didn't really care or make a big deal about it, because, shit, free gifts! :lol:
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
abnormalandbitchy

Post by abnormalandbitchy »

Murphdogg,
Well for my kids who are 7,6, and 2 . Their Dads always played Santa since they were tiny, for Corperations' and all, so Mary My 7 yr old Knows it all kinda make believe to make kids smile, but my 6 yr Noah who's autistic hasn't caught on yet and we are content to let him believe as along as he wants, I don't see any reason to crush a childs fantasy.. unless they are like 13 and still believing then there might be concern. I kinda just figured it out i guess, I don't ever really recall believing in Santa anyway.. now that i think about it, thats one more thing to add to the list of things that make me abnormal....
Behind every beautiful thing there is some kind of pain - Bob Dylan
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

abnormalandbitchy,
I was a weird kid, when I found out there was no santa I became a agnostic the same day, I'm like if he ain't real, how do I know god is?
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

Murphdogg,

SANTA is SATAN. Just mix the letters around!

So, no, it is not a good idea to let children believe in that evil wickedtry.

I always told my son - I am your SANTA, TOOTH FAIRY, CUPID and all those other ficticious shits that we lead our children to believe in. Sheeeiiiiittt! If there is a SANTA, then can you please give me his number and address. I have a bill that I need to send to him for all them damn Christmas' he was supposed to bring the things on my sons list, then I had to go out and BUY them myself, as SANTA or my BABY DADDY was no where to be found.

Now what is up with that shit????

Now, you done got me started!

]:o) B-)
Where is the LOVE?
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tis2flyyy, HAHAHAHAHAHHA. That reminds of the Boondocks where Huey is stalking santa "you going to pay what you owe"
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

Murphdogg, The celebration of Christmas in America came from many traditions from many countries. Americans took the best of everthing and molded it into their own holiday traditions. It is important for me to teach my child exactly where they all came from and let him decide for himself what traditions he wants to hold on to for when he has a wife and children of his own to share them with.
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

Hell no,

Think about it... this eccentric velvet wearing Jerry Garcia looking muphucka, is going to break into your house in the middle of the night... Through the chimney no less. Not like a normal sociopath, through a window or door and leave you merchandise that you know he didn't pay for? Sounds like a set up... then you tell the kid to leave this obese sommabitch cookies? Knowing damn well he's probably diabetic... you're basically telling Timmy to kill santa. :(
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

astonamous,

I know, I fell out laughing at what Anditsdeeptoo said early this am. that was fucking hilarious. :lol:
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.