Words that speak to me...

Jennifer vents! Put on your hard hat and safety goggles before you enter!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Words that speak to me...

Post by Jennifer »

This is a speech to a graduating class from the author, Ms. Gray; I love it...it speaks to me...and I am sad sad sad angry angry angry today....and intend on staying this way for a goddamn long time until this misery ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"You have to give hell to entrenched power when it violates our notions of human justice. So my final message to you is this: whether it be on the issue of racial integration or gay rights or sexual equality of the pathetic state of health care in this county or one of the dumbest military excursions ever waged by an American government-the Iraq war-your motto should be "give em hell, give em hell, give em hell!" There are never enough troublemakers fighting for justice, so go out there and give em hell to create a better world for you and your children to grow into."

Francine du Plessix Gray
Barnard College
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Re: Words that speak to me...

Post by Jennifer »

Jennifer,
I find strenth and inspiration in these words...as I do in all of Richard's words...the love for humanity expressed in these words may not be obvious to most...but it is love that ultimately forces one to raise hell!!
Let's save the world ya'll...better than bitchin and moanin!!
You can bitch and moan too, but you loose those bitchin rights if you ain't doing shit to change things!]:o( :-x