What movie can you watch over and over again?

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
smjmcomic

What movie can you watch over and over again?

Post by smjmcomic »

I swear I can watch Kingpin Over and freaken over again I think I'v seen that flick well over a 100 times atlest and I think it gets funnyer everytime.
"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all"

Mike Tyson
Momof5

Re: What movie can you watch over and over again?

Post by Momof5 »

smjmcomic,

I can watch the Lord of the Ring Trilogy..You know how there are just some movies that you can watch over and over and each time pick up a detail you never saw before?
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

Momof5,

The GOD FATHER - which I did yesterday as it was playing on AMC ALL DAMN DAY.

&
7Years & Six Months - which is a movie my man produced.
Where is the LOVE?
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

smjmcomic,
Bustin Loose,Shawshank,The Jerk ....to be continued
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

bingolong,
Harlem Nights
The Wiz
School Daze
White Chicks
The Color Purple
What's Love Got to Do With It
Eve's Bayou
Lady Sings the Blues
Imitation of Life
Flinstone - The Movie
Friday
Chris Rock - Bigger & Blacker
Head of State
Boomerang
Comign to America
Creep Show #1 & 2
& if sit coms count
The Golden Girls (all seasons)

These are the DVDs that are siting on top of my TV right now, still need to be sorted and the cases arranged...meaning I have been recently frequently watch them!

....the list goes on
Where is the LOVE?
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

smjmcomic,

I love Kingpin too. :lol: "Munson" LOL

but the ones I can watch over and over...

Sparkle
Immitation of Life
Cooley High
Jo Jo Dancer, Your Life Is Calling You "No, fuck you darling" (I love that scene :lol:)

and ironically cry everytime during each one. B-)
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
tamra

Post by tamra »

deepseas,

oh I love watching Anaconda, but never watch it on regular TV. I like it unedited. I love when Ice Cube is blasting Mac 10 and his radio is turned down. :lol:

and Ice Cube's Friday is another one. Friday After Next wasn't that bad either. some I watch when I can when they air on TV, but the ones I absolutely stop what I'm doing to watch are the ones I mentioned.

for some reason, they seem to air at the right time, and keep you grounded, like the end of The Color Purple - "Maybe God Is Tryin To Tell You Something". or every now and then will pull out the tape or DVD of either.

oh and John Singleton's Higher Learning and Baby Boy, those 2 I can watch non-stop.

and don't hate me: Soul Plane.... I know there was a lot of criticism of this movie, but it was satire and so much stuff was funny. I laughed so hard. like the aluminum foil on the antenna of a 1970's TV, "strap hangers", and Popeyes-take-one-piece-pass-it-back in the low class section of the plane. :lol:

yanno if someone was smart, this type of airline would do very well.
---
tamra

Post by tamra »

astonamous,

I've only seen the original black and white one once. it didn't do it for me like the 1959 Juanita Moore-Lana Turner one. I guess it was seeing Mahalia Jackson that does it every time. she and my grandmother grew up together in New Orleans. so that funeral scene hit home because I was 12 when my grandmother died and 13 when I first saw Immitation of Life.

and funny my older cousin was intensely watching it, but I couldn't understand why she was so quiet. too busy playing, then got drawn to movie just before the scene where Sara Jane ran away and told her mother never to talk to her again.

been watching it yearly since. ):)
---
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

Momof5,
i can watch things like that only once in a while.......action films like ..48 Hours..or the sequel.....i can watch them over an over....i like movie channels cause they dont have commercials too....i hate the internet news thing that when you push to see videos that they put a commercial strip over the video written verbage....then proceed to show you the commercial...an you have to watch it if you want to see the news
Momof5

Post by Momof5 »

Appaloosa,

I agree with you about the internet news..

I like watching old movies from the 70's and 80's. Darlin Angels, Who's Harry Crumb, Fine Mess, Night of the Creeps, Golden Child, The Toy, Brewster's Millions, Kung Fo movies, Excalibur, Airplane. I'm a real dork. I also like to watch old Disney movies.