R.I.P. Teddy Kennedy You will be missed!

Discuss the latest news, TV programs, gossip or maybe you got an announcement to make.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

R.I.P. Teddy Kennedy You will be missed!

Post by Jennifer »

This will make you weep...

This is the cause of my life. It is a key reason that I defied my illness last summer to speak at the Democratic convention in Denver—to support Barack Obama, but also to make sure, as I said, "that we will break the old gridlock and guarantee that every American...will have decent, quality health care as a fundamental right and not just a privilege." For four decades I have carried this cause—from the floor of the United States Senate to every part of this country. It has never been merely a question of policy; it goes to the heart of my belief in a just society. Now the issue has more meaning for me—and more urgency—than ever before. But it's always been deeply personal, because the importance of health care has been a recurrent lesson throughout most of my 77 years. — Ted Kennedy

Yes, weeping for him, weeping for this country...and how it has been hijacked by the right wing moronic fundamentalists, neocons, republicans. :(
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: R.I.P. Teddy Kennedy You will be missed!

Post by bingolong »

Jennifer,
Had to revisit this after last nights speech
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: R.I.P. Teddy Kennedy You will be missed!

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

Kennedy's letter to Pope made me cry. I finally looked in the Mary Jo Kopechne case, and boy was I fuming about all the talk about it. My opinion: Kennedy was in shock after car became submerged and recover Mary Jo, who was not a hoe, which was/is implied. He had also just lost his brother to an unreal tragedy, now someone died while with him.

the way the haters talked about it: Kennedy hit it drunk, car went off bridge, and he left her. how many would know how to rescue someone merged under water while you too are submerged under water. 8-o it was a tragic accident which caused Kennedy regret his entire life and which overshadowed his many accomplishments, long after he paid for the mistake of leaving an accident.

sad I had to find out more about him AFTER his death. but if not for the "bitter party of rage" wouldn't have looked up case.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.