Are Cell Phones Killing the Bees?

Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Anything goes in the visitors section. Try to play nice. Post random thoughts in here too, but be aware: NO LOGIN REQUIRED! However, spam is not allowed nor tolerated. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
hellifiknow

Re: Are Cell Phones Killing the Bees?

Post by hellifiknow »

bcddjjsc690,
Great link Tamra, Eddie Izzard Rocks! :lol:

I loved his stand up and havn't missed an episode of The Riches yet.

"Do you have a flag?".. :lol:

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

bcddjjsc690 & hellifiknow,

if u checked out any theater movies this week, the previews for it were shown. looks pretty funny.

but check out this story. so we now know where some bees are hanging out. I still say they are away plotting

[font color=blue size=3 face=s]http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/21/bees.f ... index.html - cnn.com'

Three-thousand bees force evacuation of fundraiser

POSTED: 2:17 p.m. EDT, May 21, 2007

* Authorities evacuate high school football field when swarm lands on umbrella
* 700 people were participating in American Cancer Society walk-a-thon
* The Ligonier, Indiana, event was disrupted for about 45 minutes
* Beekeeper used smoke to calm the insects and coax them into beehive

LIGONIER, Indiana (AP) -- A swarm of honeybees temporarily disrupted a charity fundraising event, but no one reported being stung.

Authorities evacuated the area Saturday after the swarm of about 3,000 bees emerged from the woods around the West Noble High School football field, where 700 people were participating in a fundraising walk for the American Cancer Society.

The bees landed on a large umbrella shading the campsite of one of the more than 60 teams taking part in the 24-hour event in the town, 40 miles northwest of Fort Wayne.

A local beekeeper, Matt Green, used a smoke machine to calm the bees and coax them into a beehive he brought to the field. The event was delayed about 45 minutes.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press . All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.[/font]
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

tamra,
yeah I hope their plotting ,

the honey bees , along with their deadly African Killer cousins , the mosquitos with west nile disease , and the birds speading bird flu , and they all attack the Republican National Convention !!
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

bcddjjsc690,

well I'll bee (hehe)

[font color=blue size=4]]LONDON, England - Pilots had to land a 737 jet plane prematurely because its engine was clogged with bees. (Reuters)[/font]

and those lil honey bee bastards damn near chased me out of a parking lot right on the Hudson River in Edgewater NJ. they were hovering in the bushes directly next to the lot. so we now know where some of them are.

and I saw nothing but bumble bees in a park yesterday. was thinking why can't these mofos take a break. damn bees chased me around and just got my two feets back! :lol:
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

bcddjjsc690,
most of the bees around here have been Africanized, it's easy to distinguish them from regular honey bees because of their extra long stingers.

;p

hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

tamra,
a bumble bee will make a person hurt themselves just trying to get away from it, I don't know anybody thats ever been stung by one but then again I don't know anybody that hasn't ran like hell when one shows up.

havn't noticed a population decline around here, kids have rescued the usual number of bees from the dogs swimming pool....I'm glad my kids save the drowning bees because if your conspiracy theory is correct maybe we'll bee on their good side when they take over the planet.

Visitor

Post by Visitor »

hellifiknow,
thats so special how you put "bee" in the post... b.b :lol: i am still laughing... :lol: :lol:
Visitor

Post by Visitor »

Visitor,
I think you started that, which makes me a "wannabee". ;p

hellifiknow