Why I love him

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
AxelFoley85

Why I love him

Post by AxelFoley85 »

Well, when I was a kid I loved to watch Richard Pryor movies, then when I got a bit older I learned more about his stand-up (in Sweden we don't have much foreign stand-up on our TV channels) and seeing Live In Concert really opened up my eyes a lot more to the world of stand-up. So basically I've been a big fan since I was a kid, but it's more to it than that.
Straight from my stand-up page (on how I got on the path to become a stand-up comedian):

On December 10th 2005, in my opinion the greatest stand-up comedian of all time, Richard Pryor, passed away at the age of 65. That changed my life forever. I was devastated to hear about his passing. On that same night, I started writing down jokes I’ve had in my head for a while. Since then I’ve kept writing down jokes as soon as they pop into my head. Richard’s death pointed out something that I’ve known deep inside me for quite a while now – I want to become a stand-up comedian!

It was really a strange, overwhelming experience for me. Even though it's hard to put it in words, these words are the best way to describe it.
I've been to the mountian top too, and you know what I saw? More white people, with guns!