THE IRONY OF IT ALL

Politics, religion, racism, sex, the weather... there's always lots to think about so there's always lots to talk about. Progressive ideas are encouraged but all opinions are welcome.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
bcddjjsc690

THE IRONY OF IT ALL

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

What would you have done if you were on this bus ?

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/ ... 5505c.html - Rosa Parks Honor'

Makes you wonder ...... @.@ @.@
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
Appaloosa

Re: IRONY

Post by Appaloosa »

bcddjjsc690,
yep thats the prejudiced people like that one that wont move once she sat in the seat.....its like she thinks she will be as famous for takin that seat az Rosa Parks was....she wanted her 15 minutes of fame an there it was
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

bcddjjsc690,

dang bcdd, you change avatars more than Murph changes drawers. what's up with that? :lol: wait, I'm not sure which is worse, the avatar change or the timeframe between someone else changing drawers.

but anyway, about the Rosa Parks honor, this is just rude, but does not surprise me. I'm telling you, I was so shocked to see what I saw in urban cities these days: apathy, ignorant behavior and no respect for anything or anyone except a thug. I'm telling you when Christ returns to earth or God suddenly appears on earth in human form, either of them will have some problems.

I didn't see one civic leader in the communities, just problems. ironically there were more Mormons in the hood than civic leaders. Mormons are actually walking door to door in the Bronx, Harlem and East Harlem. I didn't see any NAACP or any black leader to set a positive example or keep reminders up.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
tis2flyyy

Post by tis2flyyy »

bcddjjsc690,

On the real? This actually happened????

******WARNING - due to the graphic nature of this reply, this is a disclaimer stating that the weak of heart shoould cover their eyes*******

This is what Big T would have done if she was there:
I would have sucker punched her old foreign azz, then grabbed her frail body up by the collar and and shook the shit out of her for disrespecting like that. Then I would have yelled in her ear at the decibal of 47 - BITCH - GET THE FUCK OUT OF THAT SEAT BEFORE I BEAT YO' AZZ, AGAIN - YA HEARD??????????? ]:o( :X ]:o( :X ]:o( :X

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Naw, that was me 5 years ago, now I am a [/i]Nice Lady[/i]
Where is the LOVE?
tamra

Post by tamra »

tis2flyyy,

what's strange is the same woman would have jumped up immediately for the Queen of England or Prince Charles, neither of which seem to have any decent amount of integrity, if so amendment would be on the rise in that fat crib of theirs.
---
bcddjjsc690

Re: THE IRONY OF IT ALL

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

tis2flyyy,
THAT'S THE REPLY I WANTED TO SEE.....
:) EVERBODY ON THE BUS WOULD HAVE BEEN HIGH FIVING YOU GIRL !!(THIS DID HAPPEN IN NY YA' KNOW )

TAMRA , OH YEAH , SHE WOULD HAVE BOWED ,CURTSEED , OR KNEELED , WHATEVER THEY DO FOR THEIR ROYALTY, HER RESPONCE OF " I THINK I HAVE A RIGHT TO SIT HERE" WOULD HAVE BEEN MET WITH ,"AND I THINK I HAVE A RIGHT TO KICK YOUR ENGLISH ASS TO THE CURB" , BECAUSE WITHOUT THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA , ENGLAND WOULD NOT EXIST .IT WOULD BE A VACATION SPOT FOR RICH GERMANS !!!! (LIKE MANY OTHER UNGRATEFUL COUNTRIES !!) ]:o(
JTF
XXX

Post by JTF »

bcddjjsc690,

We live in a nation where people feel they are actually doing something by putting a flyer on a bus seat in rememberance of a great act by a fine and beautiful woman.

Then we criticize some woman for sitting in that seat.

I happen to think that our time could be better spent trying to fix the problems that still exist is society, like how society is set up to educate the wealthy and imprison the poor...

If you can't legally segregate blacks out of society, you can set them up for failure. And then, you can even make more money by imprisoning them. The likelyhood of incarceration goes down as the level of education goes up. Is it really a surprise that in majority white communities the education system is much better than in majority black communities? And a child raised in a welfare home almost doesn't have a chance, but don't try to take away that check!

The struggle is not over. It has simply gotten more complex.

Would Mrs. Parks have punched the woman in the face? I highly doubt it. I know that several people would have liked to have punched a 42 year old woman in the face who had the right to a seat on a bus 50 years ago...
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

JTF,
WELL PUT , YOUR WHITE COMMUNITY EDUCATION ANALOGY FITS SOUTH CAROLINA TO A TEE.

THE VIOLENCE I SUGGESTED WAS IN JEST ,EVEN IN GRAY MATTERS I TEND TO LOOK FOR SOME YUCKS.

BUT I ASK, WOULD THAT SAME WOMAN DISRESPECTED HER QUEEN ?
OR SOME OTHER ENGLISH CUSTOM ?

THE HONOR WAS NOT LAW , IT WAS NOT TO BE INDEFINATE,IT WAS TO MARK A POINT IN HISTORY THAT CHANGED THIS NATION FOR THE BETTER ,EVEN THOUGH MANY WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HAVE KEPT THINGS THE WAY THEY WERE.(kinda like somebody not wanting to change servers ,but in another context )

HERE IN SC THEY [/i]forgot[/i] TO LOWER THE FLAG TO 1/2 MAST AS THE FEDERAL GOV'T DIRECTED .THEY APOLIGIZED AND HONORED HER THE FOLLOWING WEEK ....FACT !!!!.

man am I glad i'm not an eagles fan .....
they're going to have to re-sod the end zone ...
tamra

Post by tamra »

JTF,

well go 'head JTF w/cha bad self. well said.

but keep in mind corporations are running many city and state prisons now, so the wealthy are even getting richer off the imprisoned poor.

so you're right. many people have to wake up and learn some sort of self-worth to stay out of dumb situations.
---
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

JTF,
hey I identify with what you said about the rich and the poor cause it still happens today.....I know cause I am poor and I was persecuted by the rich.....if I stayed where i was then I would have ended up in a mental institution or worse.....drugged up so I could not even say my name.....set up in a kangaroo court by the person persecuting me.....but thats history...all I got in this world now is my ballls....and my word...an I break them for nobody..... :lol: ....but what you said is true in some respects but still I think the woman should have enough respect to comply....but she did show she was severely prejudiced and hateful and she stinked