Ossie Davis...

Richard loved going to the movies...
So do we. Who doesn't like music?

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Inkblot

Ossie Davis...

Post by Inkblot »

He was cool... Lived to a ripe old age. Check him out in 2002's 'Bubba Ho-tep', opposite Bruce Campbell, as a black John F. Kennedy. Bruce plays a dying Elvis Presley with testicular cancer and they're in a nursing home fighting a mummy. A little off-beat, but pretty funny.

Inkblot
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: Ossie Davis...

Post by bingolong »

Inkblot,
Wow only by reading your post did I realize that he had pssed away......he is a legend.... :(
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

bingolong,

He's hardly spoken of when the greats are mentioned but he was indeed a pioneer and a legend, thoughts and prayers to his family.
b.b

Post by chevyt454 »

The lights were dimmed on Broadway last night in his honor
Inkblot

Post by Inkblot »

bingolong,

He was awesome dude. There's a lot about Mr. Davis that a lot of folks don't know, a good majority of it I didn't know until reading up on him some more. What a guy!

I really liked him in the first "Grumpy Old Men" too, with Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau. They're all gone now...

Living a long life full of adventure and discovery, who could ask for anything more?

Inkblot
Inkblot

Post by Inkblot »

astonamous,

It was a very different movie. I was so surprised to see Ossie Davis playing that role. My gal got me the collector's edition DVD a while back and there's some really cool extras on it.

Inkblot
amp-d

Post by amp-d »

Inkblot,

Ossie was a great man. I always wanted to meet him and his wife. I loved his euology for Malcom X and his work in the civil rights struggle and many other causes.

"Always do the right thing now, Doctor!"
Ossie Davis- as the Da Mayor in Do the Right Thing
Dracula, what kind of name is that for a niggah!

Richard Pryor-GOAT
Inkblot

Post by Inkblot »

amp-d,

A great man indeed. Reading up on a lot of what Mr. Davis accomplished in his life and all of his struggles, and just how cool he was...

I'd read before that he was to have attended that speech by Malcom X, the day that he was assasinated, but another event had called for his attention.

Is that you playing the Comedy Underground in Seattle this weekend by chance?

Inkblot
amp-d

Post by amp-d »

Inkblot,

Yes that is me. Tony Daniel. Come by and check it out. Do I know you.
Dracula, what kind of name is that for a niggah!

Richard Pryor-GOAT
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

amp-d,
http://pak02.pictures.aol.com/NASApp/yg ... cale=en_US - Better late than never..pics from the funeral..' b.b
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me!