just showing my appreciation

Tell us why you love Richard Pryor so much. Send Richard your love messages.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
candilott

just showing my appreciation

Post by candilott »

I grew up with richard pryor in my house, thanks to my parents, and his comedy gave me the sense of humor that I have today. I just wanted to say thank you for contributing to my sense of humor and vocabulary skills. We will always love you!
JTF
XXX

Re: just showing my appreciation

Post by JTF »

candilott,

Your parents were very understanding. Mine probably would have felt he was a bad influence and not let him room there...
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

I grew up raised by my buck wild ass mom and step dad who were some partying sumsabitches who loved their coke. so I got to watch anything I want. Watching all of Richards stand up specials from a early age. he did something I've enver seen anyone do. He transended comedy and you could see his humanity in his act. never before or since has any comic done what Richard Pryor has done, touched people while making them laugh. As a newly bad open mic comic myself I'm amazed at that.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

Murphdogg,
welcome and good luck in your stand-up!
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

Jennifer,thank you so much for replying. I didn't expect I'd actually get a reply from one of you two, I damn near shit myself at work when I saw it, thank you!
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

haha@ rich upbringing. I look at the bright side of having a what people refer to as a bad upbringing, like the cool thing about having a crack head mom is how many other people can buy a x-box from their mom at 3 in the morning for 7 bucks?
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
Reg_Man_98

Post by Reg_Man_98 »

candilott,
JTF,
Funny thing... My parents were pretty conservative when it came to the use of four-letter words, particularly my dad. So, like most of my peers, I had to listen to Richard's records with the volume turned waaaaaaaay down when I was growing up. (By the way, both of my parents usually would laugh at Richard when he was on TV, a medium on which he cleaned up his language.)

Fast forward to four years ago (when the CD boxed set was released). I had planned to give my two cousins copies of the boxed set, because I knew that they were fans from the times we'd talk about Richard when we were kids. What was funny is that one of my cousins revealed to me that the Richard Pryor albums he listened to as a kid were not snuk into the house by his friends (as in my situation), but were from his dad's record collection. (His dad being my uncle, i.e., my straightlaced mother's older brother who I had always assumed had been as straightlaced as my mom. In fact, my aunt is even more conservative about four-letter words than my mom, but both my aunt and my uncle wanted copies of the boxed set as well. When the box came out, we were all talking about Richard at a Thanksgiving family gathering, and my straightlaced aunt knew all about Mudbone--one of her favorite characters--and just about everybody there knew the "...and it's deep, too!" joke. Guess I didn't know my own family as well as I thought.)