LETTERMAN MAKES AMENDS TO HICKS FAMILY: Bill Hicks (banned) last performance on Letterman (in 3-parts)

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

LETTERMAN MAKES AMENDS TO HICKS FAMILY: Bill Hicks (banned) last performance on Letterman (in 3-parts)

Post by bingolong »

I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: LETTERMAN MAKES AMENDS TO HICKS FAMILY: Bill Hicks (banned) last performance on Letterman (in 3-parts)

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

I almost fell asleep on this. As I missed the opening & announcement of who was on the show. But just as I was about to doze off & power off TV, I heard Dave announce his mother was the guest. 8-o wow. Good stuff. :)
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
smjmcomic

Re: LETTERMAN MAKES AMENDS TO HICKS FAMILY: Bill Hicks (banned) last performance on Letterman (in 3-parts)

Post by smjmcomic »

bingolong,

Thanks Bingo I heard bout this was bummed I missed it but thanks to you that's not the case anymore B-) I love Hicks I had a comic do my room recently who use to gig with Bill back in the 80's poor guy I hounded him with questions all night long.
"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all"

Mike Tyson
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Man. Whew! That just about broke my heart. Everyone involved showed a lot of class. Dave, the mother. I think maybe at the time Dave thought the violent references at the the start of the routine were over the top...
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

walrusjk,
Yeah probably on a new network and new prime late night time and no longer on later were he could get away with more
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Inkblot

Post by Inkblot »

bingolong,

As always, a terrific performance from Mr. Bill Hicks. Thanks for posting that Bingo! Long time since I've been on the boards. Hope everyone is well!

Inkblot
AfroJewbu

Post by AfroJewbu »

bingolong,

wow that was great.
My father's black, mom's a jew, affectionately known as an AfroJooBu.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

bingolong,
Ya face it in the first 2 minutes of that routine he mentions 5 guests that Letterman would love to book and talks about killing them? Dave was doing his job. Stick a shotgun in one of them's mouth? Their people and fans would have been pissed and frankly for a good reason...