Russell Crowe to Play Bill Hicks?

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
smjmcomic

Russell Crowe to Play Bill Hicks?

Post by smjmcomic »

A friend just sent this to me

The Sydney Morning Herald reports that Russell Crowe may next play comedian Bill Hicks now that Ridley Scott's Nottingham has been pushed back. Here's a clip:

"I have another project based on the life of comedian Bill Hicks, which is going from treatment to draft stage with Kiwi writer Mark Staufer."

It is understood he is considering playing the main role of Hicks — a controversial and brilliant American comedian who battled drug and alcohol abuse before dying from cancer at 32. Crowe confirmed Nottingham would not go ahead until March next year because director Sir Ridley Scott wanted the leaves on the trees in England's Sherwood Forest to be the right colour.
"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all"

Mike Tyson
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: Russell Crowe to Play Bill Hicks?

Post by bingolong »

smjmcomic,
Yeah I read this earlier....seems interesting.....now we have to get someone [/i]worthy[/i] to play Richard...
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me!