Bernie Mac

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
bcddjjsc690

Bernie Mac

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

I knew he had been hospitalized for pneumonia , but I didn't realized it was so serious , Rest in Peace Mac Man

http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html - Bernie Mac RiP cnn' ):)
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: Bernie Mac

Post by tamra »

bcddjjsc690,

yup, this was some sad news to wake up to. I was more shocked because 2 days ago I received a news alert that he was doing better, so I felt relieved that he'd be okay.

RIP ):)

I still remember his performance on Def Comedy Jam from the early 90s, even the jeans he was wearing. and saw the Kings of Comedy live twice - once in Oakland and then following year in Charlotte, NC. he was always a well dressed funny mutha :lol: and I still watch the Bernie Mac show daily, and regularly throw in the Player's Club movie ):)
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

tamra,
He quit his show because of congestive heart failure...it was an open secret...
I worked with him on "I ain't dead yet,Motherfucker"...
I liked him, but he didn't much care about me...I was white...still am...
he doesn't like white women...white people...
no love there...but I liked him...!
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

Jennifer,

I knew he was sick because you could hear him slurring his words on the show, he sounded bad. then the show disappeared like "that".

now the no love, that I never would have known. because when you watch The Bernie Mac Show the majority of his guest speakers were white, plus recurring cast members who were neighbors like Carl Reiner. plus the Ocean's movies cast around him, he & Cheadle only 2 blacks.

but you have to look where he was from: south side of Chicago & poor area. and Illinois ain't the most racially friendly state :lol: and it's sad because even in 2008 a lot of folks can't judge individually first instead of lumping as a group based upon past experiences or how raised to react. :(
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

:(
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

tamra,

I ain't scared of you Muthafuckers !!

I'm going to get me a six pack of pussy and go on home
:lol:

You would think that someone with that kind of lung condition would have the good sense to stay away from cigars , wouldn't you ?
svanablak

Post by svanablak »

Jennifer,
How can you say that? Maybe he didn't like YOU! For you to say that he didn't like or hated white people is a bold statement! Maybe he didn't...maybe he did. But what middle-aged Black man you know that don't harbor similar sentiments? If that's the the case then Rich probably despised them!

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

svanablak,

read her post , She can say that because she knows FIRST HAND , she wrote She Liked him , but he didn't return those same feelings , She did not say hate ....

One question , svanablak , did you ever meet Bernie Mac ?

.......... I thought so ,

I'm a middle aged Black Man , and I loves me some white woman ):) :-x
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

Jennifer, it's a shame, but allot of people are like that. I did a all black club last night, I do the clubs allot, and every once in a while the crowd decides right off the bat they are not going to like me because I'm a white boy, I can win them over sometimes by saying something crazy when I first get up, but every once in a while I can't. I wish everyone just had a open heart to people that were good, but sometimes they don't.

we dedicated our show last weds to Bernice Mac. It's a shame he died so young.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com