George Carlin left us tonight

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Appaloosa

Re: George Carlin left us tonight

Post by Appaloosa »

bingolong,
i would lik e to hear the Iffeil tower bit....anyone know where it can be found??
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

Resident attention whore, hatemonger, and all around douchebag Fred Phelps of the Westboro Baptist Cult... errr Church has already planned to protest Carlin's funeral. An act I think Carlin would find quite amusing. I hope counter protesters blare Carlin's religion bit over loud speakers on a continuous loop at them.

Post by smjmcomic »

Anditsdeeptoo,

Tonight hbo's airing six Carlin specials.
"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all"

Mike Tyson
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

smjmcomic,

cool thanks for the heads up!

Post by SJD »

Anditsdeeptoo and whoever,

Never really heard about that weird cult with that Fred something or other. But I know that after Kevin Smith made Zack and Miri he's going to make another movie called 'Red State' that's going to be a horrer film and that that Fred whatever guy and other extremist churchs is the basis of that theme in the film.

Bingolong,
I got Kevin Smith's statement from his website at viewaskew (sorry about going somewhere else but this is America and yeah).

I watched this on youtube where Carlin went on Inside the Actors Studio w/ James Lipton. This is a part of that show I found that comes to a point where, if your familiar with the show, it comes to when James Lipton asks a line of questions that include "What's your favorite curse..?" and "If there is a heaven what would you like God to say when you reach the pearly gates?"

It wont let me put the video but here's alink to the video's page and it gets around to those quetions at 7:41 but try not to skim ahead.<----link here----

--video- \/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgagTaQP4WU - [Font size=5 face=t color=red]George Carlin: Inside the Actors Studio with James Lipton: a portion asked "What's your favorite curse word?" and "If there is a heaven what would you like God to say when you reach the pearly gates?"[/font]'
[hr] This quote comes from a self description of one of the greatest wrestlers there is,[BR] Bret " The Hitman " Hart, and it very well is what Mr. Richard Pryor is to stand-up...

" The Best There Is...
The Best There Was...
and The Best There Ever Will Be!"
abnormalandbitchy

Post by abnormalandbitchy »

Appaloosa,
I will see if I can find it somewhere there is really no hearing it , its all in his mime but it will still have you laughing your ass off!
Behind every beautiful thing there is some kind of pain - Bob Dylan
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

abnormalandbitchy,
I've posted this story before but I'll do it once more.
I knew a girl who worked as a cook at "The Celebrity Theatre" here in Phoenix. It's a in the round type venue and she had to cook for George Carlin for a week while he was booked. Anyway she was and probabably still is a quirky Ney York Italian. No offense to her but sweet and cheerful but not too intellectual. Carlin took the time and was genuinely nice enough to recognize how she was and wrote her a hand written letter of appreciation. It was 5 full pages long,! Both sides of each page! She pulled it out one night while I was visiting along with another thing..(different story). He wrote a 5 page letter really about life and New York and how much he appreciated how good she cooked and listed her good, charming qualities in an obvious effort to make her feel good about what he knew was a nice girl doomed to a difficult life. You know you meet people that are nice but you know they're gonna struggle. I was in my 20's but remember thinking "He gets what her limitations are, her probable out come, felt sad about it and took the the time to let her know that she was ok by him." At the time I thought it might have been during his sore nose days but later realized that he was on the genuine sweet, caring side of things when it came to genuine sweet caring people....
abnormalandbitchy

Post by abnormalandbitchy »

walrusjk,
was wondering if you all had seen this on his website his final wishes
http://www.georgecarlin.com/home/home.html

I have been doing a lot of traveling and I am of to Florida in the morning for 10 days but I can still check in because the laptop is going with !

Anyone in Fla want to party LOL?
Behind every beautiful thing there is some kind of pain - Bob Dylan
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

abnormalandbitchy,
CLASSIC CARLIN TO THE END AND HERE AFTER!!!!!!! :lol:
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
AfroJewbu

Post by AfroJewbu »

astonamous,

Thank you for sharing that. Insightful and beautiful it is!
My father's black, mom's a jew, affectionately known as an AfroJooBu.