Last Comic standing..

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Last Comic standing..

Post by Murphdogg »

I hear it's bullshit, and not to bother without a audition..but I think I'm going to go take a shot for the hell of it. got to take them when you can get them right?
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
smjmcomic

Re: Last Comic standing..

Post by smjmcomic »

Murphdogg,
If ya don't mind selling out and becoming a souless pussy than by all means GO FOR IT!
"I'm on the Zoloft to keep from killing y'all"

Mike Tyson
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

smjmcomic, LOL. never again.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

I say if it gets your work into the spotlight, go for it. you never know where the breaks come from. and as long as you don't have to tongue Flavor Flav down, it's all good. :)
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
bcddjjsc690

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

Murphdogg,

Jump into the fray my man, there is no down side, you'll be better for the experience win or lose , and we here already know your a winner !!!!!
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
tamra

Post by tamra »

okay, I'm friggin' confused. I thought Last Comic Standing was for unknown up and coming comics. if you have movie credits, including an imdb.com page which includes work that folks like me knew about w/out peeping your imdb page, then you are too experienced!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0858450/ - Alex Thomas' was applauded thru to showcase on the show. I love his comedy, HOWEVER, he's already had an HBO comedy special - where his VIP guests were BIG name stars & pro athletes, he appeared in Players Club w/Ice Cube, Jamie Foxx and Lisa Raye, and a shitload of other well-known stuff.

but because they were performances targeted to black audiences, that makes him unknown?!

that also sounds like some racist bullshit to me in both directions, esp. implying that whites don't watch anything black related!
---
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra,
watched the show for 3 mins last night and it made me vomit a little in my mouth.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

tamra,

I absolutely agree, they have established and connected comedians on there all the time. There's gotta be a professional threshold standard. For one, If you've been on Comic View, automatic lifetime ban!

Post by tamra »

Anditsdeeptoo,

well, I watched it tonight. somehow, the "knowns" have been weeded out. now it's down to local knowns competing for finals. that's fair. and some funny stuff.

Murph,

I think you should do it. since folks from UK are also entering the show, you should definitely try out :) that way we know show ain't fixed.
---