George Lopez Part II

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
rleon

George Lopez Part II

Post by rleon »

12/13/2007 I went to go see good ole George Lopez at a special one night only event at the Improv.

I don’t have to say how great the show was. He did some new material and some old material. Amanda and I were laughing the whole night.

Now of course I wanted to meet George after the show and figured I would be able to up my chances if I gave him some kind of present. Since I was not going to give up any of my Richard Pryor stuff I decided that I would give him my Desi Arnez signed check and a letter from me. I knew that the check would mean something to him since Desi was the first successful Latino on TV.

I didn’t get to sit in the front row so I didn’t get the chance to hand it to him in person. After he was done with his set I got up and tried to hand it to him. He had so much security that I didn’t get to catch him but was able to hand the security guard the check I had for him.

While I was waiting for my girl to come to the front door a security guard came up to me and told me ” Mr. Lopez would like to talk to you.” He took us back stage and told us to wait for a few minutes. His manager came out and introduced himself and told us to wait a few minutes and that George really wanted to talk to me.

After a few minutes security came and told us that Mr. Lopez was ready. We walked to the back room and there he was George, his manager and the owner of the club. We talked for a few minutes about Richard Pryor and other misc stuff.

Then he posed for some pictures and told the manager of the club to pull out some old promo photos and he signed them. Afterwards we said good bye and we left.

It was just a really great moment for me !!
Whooooooo hoooooooooooooo .. I met George Lopez !!

[img]http://www.rleon.net/images/george1.jpg[/img]
bcddjjsc690

Re: George Lopez Part II

Post by bcddjjsc690 »

rleon,

great pic and thanks for sharing ,You lucky bastard .!!!!

I love George Lopez , I watch his show reruns every day .

:)
"you must be out-cho god-dammed mind "
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

rleon,

very nice pic. :) and yes George Lopez rocks. always funny live, and I too still watch his show in syndication. and what he did to meet with you also confirms how down to earth and cool he is. now...about that Desi Arnez check. :lol: *plotting and scheming* j/k
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
rleon

Post by rleon »

tamra,

:)

To tell you the truth I did not expect to meet him. He really did make me take a look at myself.

I posted the story here:
http://forums.richardpryor.com/forums/m ... 88&forum=1 - http://forums.richardpryor.com/forums/m ... 88&forum=1'

For me it was my way of saying .. Thanks for opening my eyes!
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

rleon,
what a class act he is!!!!
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com