How about this for a joke?

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

How about this for a joke?

Post by walrusjk »

I just got through playing B'ball with my 14 year old kid. Played ones, etc. I'm 49 and out of shape. He kicks my ass. I shake his hand and as I'm heading to my room go... " If I have no pulse in the morning dial 911."
I Get up to my room and start thinking this could be a funny scene in a movie where buddies finish playing a competitve game of ball where one is clearly exhausted and says..."I'm going to my room. In the morning if I have no pulse dial 911 and start chest compressions (pause) but don't do the mouth thing. (pause) unless for sure you know I'm dead. If I come back to life I'll get a therapist and deal with it." Walks off up to his room...
EddieHill

Re: How about this for a joke?

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk,
So after it is all over, the guys will tell their story on Dr. Phil. What is the differance between Courtney Love and the Saint Louis Blues Hocky Team? The Blues take a shower after 3 periods.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

EddieHill,
The Courtney Love one is really good. The guy who was brought back from the dead and the guy who did the mouth to mouth would be the only guests on Dr.Phil. The only funnny part would be when Dr.Phil goes to commercial and tries to get the audience to stick around...."And when we come back we'll meet 2 friends who came close to smooching in a life and death situation and both lived to tell about it with their sexuality in tack. Stay tuned."...
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, Mr. MacMahn faints on Hollywood BLVD. and Britney Spears gives him mouth to mouth. So Britney will be on wrestling instead of Kfed. Opps! I forgot, Vince loves cocks. Britney will have to strap one on.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Wrong direction so far..
Gets up to his room, knows he's alone and?...(Help me)... It would have to do with a fetish, undressing, exhaustion, dirty and sweaty with his clothes being hard to take off, a combination of being tired, watching tv, feeling bad he was beaten. Come on you guys are working comics. Write scene 2 or the scene before the game...I'll bet comedy writers think like this when they work...
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

walrusjk,
i seen the same thing on Bill Cosby when he was the doctor an Theo was his son...it was hilarious...course its probably been done many times before in different ways ..every writer has his own slant on things
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Appaloosa,
Now that you mention it Cosby did cover this on his show. I've been a fan of his since I can remember...
Ok he's tired after the game, sitting on the edge of his bed, peeling off his clothes and grunting with every sock, shirt, you name it and the tv is on. Now what is on tv that puts him in a mood that fires him back up to go and try again? Richard Simmons? Suddenly he turns into a version of him? That has possibilities. Next scene he prances out on the court talking smack with Simmon's nassle twang and demeanor and really takes a bad beating.....By the way this is along the lines of Wil Farrow's type characters (SNL guy. May have the name wrong.) With each point scored on him he reverts back to his original self...
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

walrusjk,
okay i think its Will Farrell.....i didnt like him at first but i seen him in the one with him being a soccer coach an his dad being one too....with i think Mike Ditka playin himself of course but he is funny .....maybe you should go into writing full time or somthing if you like that ....
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Appaloosa,
I do write full time but never save it or do any thing with it and oh ya, never made a dime. Got that going for me eh? But thanks. It's very nice of you to think I might be able to. Bet you have or had good parents..
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

walrusjk,
well i see that you have some ideas....an if you really want to then do what you want....write.....dont be a stunted writer.... no i really had a stepmother...evil stepmother ...so i had a white stepdad....then i went back to my real mother who was not any better than my stepmother who had just went thru a divorce an had an ex a few exes besides that...an then went on to have a couple more.....i had freinds when i was young that would not hang out with me anymore cause they said everywhere i went i said hey there goes my stepdad....an of course it was true but it was my stepmothers husband or my real mothers husband or her one of many exes....it may have been confusing for others but not for me....cause for once i was on the inside lookin out.... :lol: