How about this for a joke?

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

Re: How about this for a joke?

Post by walrusjk »

Appaloosa,
I'm so sorry. I had a hard time following all that. Used all 10 fingers and a few toes.
Well somewhere along the line someone must have been a good one. You can just tell...
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

walrusjk,
like i sed for once i was the inside lookin out....not that it matters any.....i think my older brothers who i met later had something to do with my education more.....anyway its like you can see others an what they do but you can never quite see yourself in reality.....my one brother he is gone now bless his soul....he actually thought he could sing Elvis an he just ripped up Elvis songs at karoake....so i took my jam box over to his house an recorded him singin Elvis an played it back an he kept wanting to do it over an over to do better but he never sounded any better.....an he was crestfallen.....he couldnt carry a tune if his bucket was big as a barn.....he was funny...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Appaloosa,
Oh man I know what you're talking about. I'm the youngest of 7 boys. 4 are doctors, my Dad is a scientist with about a 100 patents and my oldest brother is no longer alive. Just physically but he'll be very much alive with me and many people forever.
Great story about your brother on a couple of levels. First he liked Elvis. Second he liked him well enough to want to sing him and nobody on the planet can do Elvis. Show me the best Elvis impersonator and they don't even come close. I actually can do the snear along with the "Ah-huh-huh"....
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

walrusjk,
ok i seen the newest Elvis movie about him ....an the only acting sequence the guy in the film does is he tries to always have a sneer on his face...like a crooked smile....an he tries to talk a little like him but thats it...in certain poses he kinda looks like a bizzaro Elvis....an when he does that version of Elvis singing he looks like a psycho bizzaro Elvis vibrating an freakin out or somethin....but hey maybe its just me or somthing... :lol: :lol:
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Appaloosa,
Ok you're gonna get to see what a nut I am but I can't let 13 posts happen. Unlucky number for me. So I'm just wondering why people don't attempt a young Elvis when they try to impersonate him. Easier wardrobe, simple songs and just name it. Oh I forgot....Early Elvis is undoable or there might have been a few. The most pathetic thing to me is seeing someone do him in his drug ladden, Vegas years..