Life can change on a dime.

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

Life can change on a dime.

Post by walrusjk »

I don't know if this is the right forum to say this but when you're feeling like you're just beat to the socks and there's no hope of having your life totally fucked just hang in there. My gal and I have been going through the worst year or two of our 10 year relationship. She started saying 'We don't live parallel lifestyles." "You don't do enough for me." "Get out and get your own place away from me." You know I started thinking.."What is your problem?" I went to bed last week thinking. "Shit here goes a break up where I have to start all over again." So I said to myself.."Bigger problems have been solved." So I started dancing. Arranged for me to draw a salary on some family money. Took her in my arms and said.."Here's the deal. You're my gal and I'm going to do what it takes to fix this." She tossed it off at first but ka-bam! Honeymoon time again. I had to quit smoking (The patch), drinking and work 4-5 hours a day. Small price and we're digging each other like teenagers. Life can change on a dime if you work hard, pay attention to your gal and act confident. Almost 50 and still learning. Pay attention to your partner and if still doesn't work out you at least can say you tried. Next week I 'm hitting the gymn. I think we can make it because..."Be bop-a-lula she's my baby...
SPIKEWEB

Re: Life can change on a dime.

Post by SPIKEWEB »

walrusjk,
Well, good luck, I'm glad you decided to change your life and get out of your funk with your relationship. It sounds like you're making strong progress with your life. I know what you're saying; this have been a tough year for me as well and sometimes I feel like giving up--separated from a terrible two year marriage; custody issue; job burn out; a car the died on me so I have to commute two hours to work instead of an easy 30 ride; I was so depressed I didn't get out of bed for a few days; I was pitiful but I know I have to get my act together and keep positive. Anyway, good luck and 2008 will be the best year yet. Good luck, Brother.
siggers

Post by siggers »

walrusjk,
Isn't that what life about? changing for the better and doing what you must. I am happy for you and for you not giving up, i hate to say but i probably wouldn't have done it. I have been fucked by the women all my life maybe i still have a grudge deep inside.

Maybe i still am angry at Kayla and Minna for leaving me and cheating on me, maybe i am still mad at Ladesa for cheating. I never forget those things They are what made me the great person i am today at 19.
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

walrusjk, Good job. You need to know for yourself that you tried to do everything you could to make it work. I am sober myself these days and I run and also volunteer a food pantry during the day. My wife says she is a pysco bitch from hell and treats me like shit from time to time because her father fucked her up by being an abusive Catholic Korean War army sargent when she was a little girl. At least I know it was not me and if my marriage is over someday and I have my arm around a new woman on the sofa in five years , I will not be on a quilt trip. Hang in their dude!
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

It's like John Lennon said..The problem is getting in the water but if you can manage to jump in, then learn how to swim! Fuck dipping your big toe in. Just jump in and swim. Unfortunately swimming involves going to bed early, exercise, eating right, find a consist way of making money,
facing your problems head on and about a zillion other things that are tough but unavoidable. I gotta start doing yoga or something, Swimming is stressing me out! I need a Mantra.