LaffStop Houston?

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
mojones

Re: LaffStop Houston?

Post by mojones »

siggers,

:lol: :lol: :lol: Stop it! :lol: You're killing me! :lol: This guy is good....
siggers

Post by siggers »

mojones,
What can i say depression is a hell uv a drug, im soon going back to work and going to fix my car in six months i'll be doing my first open mic at laugh stops so heres to hoping.
mojones

Post by mojones »

siggers,

You do realize I was just bullsh*tting about laughing at your troubles, right? Just checking. Didn't want you to think I was making light of your circumstances.
siggers

Post by siggers »

mojones,
Aw nah man I feel great about my problems about myself about my life, I feel one with my comedy I am constantly working on myself so feel cool.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

siggers,
there's no good way to start man, just dive in. go to a open mic and just do it.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
siggers

Post by siggers »

Murphdogg,
I surely well soon hopefully everything goes right, i think it well.
mojones

Post by mojones »

Murphdogg,

Hey Murph, I think he's chicken. BOCK! BOCK! BOCK! I dare you to hit the stage, Siggers. DARE YOU!

Seriously, though, what M-dogg said is right. There's no ideal time to do comedy. Just jump in...don't worry....believe me there will be other people who suck more than you do.

True story. My first time onstage -- I did exceptionally well. So much so, I got the big head. I had visions of doing Vegas and HBO specials in less than a year. Needless to say, it didn't work out like that. As great as my first set was, the following 6 sets were horrible. I couldn't understand what was wrong. But I stuck with it and you know what? I'm still horrible. But at least, I'm consistent!
siggers

Post by siggers »

mojones,
I feel ya man consistency is key allot of comics that get allot of TV time aren't that hilarious but there consistent with the jokes.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

mojones, HAHAHAHAH..I thought I was the only person unrealistic like that when I first started, I thought yep in a year I'll be well off. little did I know that comedy is the worst get ritch quick scheme EVER. 3 years later still travling hours for gigs that after gas and food and booze ya come home with a pcket full of lint.
b.b
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
mojones

Post by mojones »

Murphdogg,

Yeah. :lol: The worse part about it is we still do comedy. We're compelled to do it. It's completely irrational...but we do it anyway...