finally saw Ralphie May perform

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

finally saw Ralphie May perform

Post by tamra »

and what a racist sommabish who didn't leave anybody out. he was offensive and blunt in an eye-popping way. 8-o

and I think I'm in love :lol: all I need is a big ass sammich and he's all mine ):) *plotting while laughing evil ]:o)*

normally I don't laugh at jokes about black people in movie theaters because it's been done, played out, borrrringggggg. but I was LMAO

now whenever I go to Magic Johnson theater I laugh (quietly) when that announcement about "please don't spoil the movie by adding your own soundtrack" comes on. because I can't tell where announcement starts and mofos in theater shut up. ]:o)
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: finally saw Ralphie May perform

Post by bingolong »

tamra,
When I saw him a few years ago I was the only brother in the spot but I didn't mind...... he was funny as hell...:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
tamra

Post by tamra »

bingolong,

:lol: funny IS funny, regardless of race. but of course, somebody will always be offended.
---
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra, I've heard people talk smack about Ralphie, but form people I've known who've actually worked with him I've heard nothing but good things. he comes across as real as real can get to me.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
mojones

Post by mojones »

Murphdogg,
Ralphie ain't my cup of tea. Nothing racial about it. I'm just not a big fan. I know of a few comics who claimed he stole bits from them. Dont' know if its true. But even if it isn't, I'm just not into him much. Sue me...
tamra

Post by tamra »

mojones,

as Murphdogg's lawyer & advisor, we'll be in touch. can you send over a list of your assets to know what we are dealing with. thx :) :lol:

but some people in the audience were staring in shock, or not sure whether it was P.C. to laugh or not. but with so many comics and styles, there's always something for everyone.
---
Appaloosa

Post by Appaloosa »

tamra,
okay after reading these posts i had to google him an i seen him before .....but it was fast an like i seen him on a show about comedians....that each had about five minutes or so...on that venue i seen him maybe three or four times....i think he is professional ...knowing how to tell a joke...the timing and so forth....i thought he was funny at the time and ......i would like to see more of him...hes okay...if he stole someones elses jokes then maybe he stole the routine and changed it...or maybe he stole the routine an didnt change it....i dont know....if he changed it fine...if he didnt change it then i dont know but he is funny :lol:
tamra

Post by tamra »

Appaloosa,

:lol: yea, what you said. but check this out, it's easy to say he stole material, because he talked about stereotypes mostly. so, it's not hard to have same opinion about a stereotype.

to me, D.L. Hughley is the most original when talking about folks, esp. the folks in the audience. he reminds of times when just hanging out with family & friends who diss based upon what is happening right then and there. always some new, original and funny shit. :)
---
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

mojones, at first I didn't like him either..then he grew on me.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Murphdogg,
I went with a couple f girls from work to see him...he was actually born in my neck of the woods.....I walk in the club and see this fat guy that looks familiar to me ....maybe high school or something...but I hate to see somebody I know and not speak..so I throw him the head nod Wasup.....it didn't hit until after said wasup back to me that it was Ralphie May....with my dumb ass!! :lol:
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me!