Steve Martin just killed on Letterman.

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

Steve Martin just killed on Letterman.

Post by walrusjk »

Geez this guy is good. I think it's so great that he writes bits that he incorporates into his appearances. Especially on Letterman. Both have great friendships with one another. Martin, Letterman and maybee the staff writers Script it out, writes the side gags and it's uniquely funny. I've always been crazy about the style of his comedy. Then he plays a song he wrote with all these incredible musicians. Of course it's a bluegrass number but he pulls it off beautifully. Martin is one smart, charming,creative cookie and a wild and crazy guy!
farlopyfilms

Re: Steve Martin just killed on Letterman.

Post by farlopyfilms »

walrusjk,
Steve is a great humorist and has proved it in films such as "The lonely guy", "Three amigos and "dirty rotten" to name a few...but I think that his playing the role of inspector clouseau and trying to be at the same level as the unbeatable Peter Sellers may cause him a loss of credibility and accelerate his fall.
walrusjk

Re: Steve Martin just killed on Letterman.

Post by walrusjk »

farlopyfilms,
I agree he's taken an ah..."I'll just take shitty roles and not bark when I know it's gonna make me look bad" attitude in his movie history and it dissapoints me too but what I was commenting on is he is scary good when it comes to what he does best.I don't have a clue how he allows himself to be a part of some of the stuff he's done but I bet his banker does....