Last Comic Standing..

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Last Comic Standing..

Post by Murphdogg »

Did anybody try out for that? I think I'm the only comic I know who didn't drive or fly to Phoenix to try out. This will be only my third year in and my philosophy is to earn my stripes and when I KNOW I'm ready to relacate to LA. Am I crazy for this? I just pissed off a good bud of mine who has almost two years in by telling him he wasn't ready for Last Comic standing and to just concentrate on making his act better instead of going for hail mary's to fame. Plus I hear you need a agent to get on that show anyways. hence the nicname last agent standing. I'm kind of pissed at them because my big brother in the comedy game is funnier then damn near anyone I've ever seen on that show and they've showed him no love.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
mojones

Re: Last Comic Standing..

Post by mojones »

Murphdogg,

A lot of my friends tried out too. But not as many as in previous years. I know several good comedians who were given the shaft. The only ones I know how made it were Mark W. (who they put on the blooper reel) and Quint Hatch who was disqualified after insulting Buddy Hackett. It didn't make matters any better when Hackett passed away shortly thereafter. Other than that...none of my friends got passed the second audition. I had my feel of contests last time I tried out for the Laughs Across America contest. Keisha Hunt was the only one from Houston who made that one....
siggers

Post by siggers »

mojones,
i heard that show is staged.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

mojones, I feel you on contests I've seen too many of my friends just get completly dissalussioned and down when getting jobbed in a contest, I don't seek them out. I haven't done one since I was new, and even when I won one I didn't feel good about it for some reason.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

mojones,
we was happy for Mark when he made it, the kids thought it was cool when he was on the tv.

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
mojones

Post by mojones »

hellifiknow,

A lot of comics tried to roast Mark about it. But he took it all in stride. He's actually gotten work out that appearance. So looks like he got the last laugh...
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

mojones,
Fred said something like any publicity is good publicity, we was hammered so I don't remember his exact words...tried to post a pic of Mark but couldn't get it to work, oh well he's standing next to my wife so it's not a very flattering picture.

mojones

Post by mojones »

hellifiknow,

I can't believe we have never met before.....we know all the same people...
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

mojones,
we will, only got to go to one show with Mark because of my work schedule but had a lot of fun...plan on making Houston this summer, I promise to be quiet and well behaved...and drunk and stoned and laughing my ass off. ;p