P.DIDDY signs second season of bad boys of comedy

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: P.DIDDY signs second season of bad boys of comedy

Post by tamra »

Murphdogg,

:lol:

siggers,

I watched a little bit of the Bad Boys of Comedy 1st season and it was just that: bad (and not Michael Jackson Bad definition :lol:). ok not really, just not as funny and ground breaking as Def Comedy Jam. a lot of comedians didn't curse all the time on Def Comedy Jam. they were just funny, combined with Martin Lawrence ribbing the audience members.

but for the Bad Boys comedians, it wasn't fresh stuff. got to the point where we started placing $$ on table for bets:

he will talk about sex (specifically how he fucks or likes to fuck, which I couldn't give a fuck about @.@ because I ain't fucking him. duly noted, mofo, now make me laff bitch! @.@)

he will talk about shitting or farting, with details 8-o

or

he will talk about white & black people stereotypes. @.@ okay we get it, we got it 25 years ago, what else ya got?
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra, once I went up on open mic and did my whole act like I was a black comic using generic cliches like that and making fun of white folks doing the white guy voice, and the comics were cracking up and the audience was looking at me like I had lost my damned mind
b.b
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
mojones

Post by mojones »

Murphdogg,

That Mencia line was funny. Loved Hellifiknow remarks about making out with pagans on non-holy days too. I'm a pervert...but I draw the line at blasphemy.

About Bad Boys of Comedy, Tamra pretty much called it. I liked some of it...Kyle Grooms, Damon Williams, Kevin Hart, and Michael Blackston. But that's about it. The Combs guy wasn't bad either. But nothing particularly groundbreaking...Recently, I caught the new Def Comedy Jam....same thing. But that was even harder to watch. The new Def Comedy Jam really made me miss Martin Lawrence, Steve Harvey and Chappelle. Mike Epps...meh.

I guess every comic has his stereotypical -- hackish material. You gotta have something to fill up all that time onstage. But your entire set shouldnt' revolve around it. If you're an open-miker -- it's ok. But if you're on television, you should be beyond that.

Now if you're excuse me, I have to go put the finishing touches on my "black people can't get a cab" joke...
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

mojones, I went off on some alternantive comics about that, they say pretty much every premis is hack, and then they all get up on stage and tell the same jesus jokes every other "different" comic tells. It's not what you tell but how you say it I recon. I still feel like I'm growing and finding my voice, those cats on Bad Boys and DeF Jam can't suck, they are on tv. can't beat that.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

Murphdogg, there is a bias in comedy that unless comedy is something that relates to the life of a middle class white guys life expeirence it's hack.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

mojones,

there's a new Def Comedy Jam? 8-o wow. that could be painful to watch if the host is boring and the comedians are jacked up.

Murphdogg,

no u didn't? :lol: did u record that skit? that would definitely be a classic You Tube moment. :lol:

but here's what I'm wondering about folks that actually make national and global air time: how much life experience have they had? best comics have been those who talk about their own day to day lives. like TMIC. if your own life is hilariously funny or painful, you are on your way. talking about general stuff that people do gets repetitive.

I was always at Rooster T Feathers in Sunnyvale weekly checking out shows w/friends. I often wondered how come none of the comics went on to become infamous. Rooster T's had a pretty good streak with picking out good talent. shit, let Rooster T's host a live comedy show weekly. because each week we'd be talking about the comics after the show, and thinking last week was off the chain, may not be as good this week. then surprise, surprise. more non-stop laughs.

because Diddy himself is not even entertaining. so not surprised his show is just below "okay". we need people serious about comedy to line up something for premium cable.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

mojones,
I didn't mean to be blasphemous if thats what it was, I was making fun of sunday christians who think it's alright to do what they want and treat people like shit as long as they go to church on sunday and the religous holidays...besides I wouldn't fuck a pagan with Murphdoggs dick. ;p

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra, Comedy is like music, their are all kinds of awesome bands nobody has heard of or maybe ever will. Same thing with comics I recon.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
siggers

Post by siggers »

Well my comedy is autobiographic, I tell allot of stories, that’s true. I practice them out; I get laughs so when I hit the stage, in the near future I hope I still get those laughs. I think I found out the secret of comedy, and you guys know I can’t tell u, but if im right ill be big, and if im wrong ill be big pile of shit.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

siggers, if the secret is to get big laughs and constant laughs per second you'll be a good comic. how long have you been doing it?
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com