George Carlin

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
abnormalandbitchy

George Carlin

Post by abnormalandbitchy »

There was once a thread on here that asked who was your fav comic OTHER THAN RICHARD, it took me a long to come to this but i think it has to be carlin .. Wondering what others think about him, I think i like listening to him because one like Richard he says the things that other people are afraid to say, and there is as well a lot of truth and intellagence in his comedy.
Behind every beautiful thing there is some kind of pain - Bob Dylan
siggers

Re: George Carlin

Post by siggers »

abnormalandbitchy,

i love Carlin, but i love Sam Kinison more
siggers

Post by siggers »

astonamous,
WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN MISSY YOUR IN TROUBLE LOL
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

abnormalandbitchy,

his acting is equally as good as his comedy. two roles of his stand out: in Prince of Tides and Dogma. small but memorable roles. it would be good to see him in more roles.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

astonamous, I bought a old record of Moms mabley, she's freaking amazing!!! it's sad that old old school comics get forgotten about. Abott And Costella were stand up comics.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
AxelFoley85

Post by AxelFoley85 »

I love Carlin, he's absolutely my second favorite stand-up comedian. He's a genius.
I've been to the mountian top too, and you know what I saw? More white people, with guns!
mojones

Post by mojones »

AxelFoley85,

Me too Axel. Pryor is number 1 and Carlin a close second. Number three changes all the time. Depends on my mood. I see you're a fan of Eddie Murphy and your'e from Sweden. That's cool. I love that when comedy crosses cultural and geographical boundaries like that. Carlin is definitely the man. He still tours and comes out with new material every year. He's written several books, acted in movies and television. He's often overlooked....but that doesn't diminish his greatness. BTW, are there any Swedish comics we might be interested in? I know the language barrier may prove to be a problem...but I like seeing comics from different countries...
KMommy

Post by KMommy »

abnormalandbitchy,

I've always liked Carlin. I wish he were on TV more. The Fryer's Club should do a roast for him! Seems like back in the day of Johnny Carson, Merv Griffin, Mike Douglas there were more comedians on talk shows than now.

I like Bill Hicks and I miss Redd, Sam Kennison, and John Candy, Lawanda Paige. I wish Freddie Prinze would have lived longer. I think he had the potential to be a bigger star. I admired the way G Lo gave him props in his show that was on either HBO or Comedy Central.

I had forgotten about Mom's Mabley. I actually had an 8 track(yes, I'm that old :D )of Mom's. Must have been valuable because some bastard stole it.

Post by AxelFoley85 »

mojones,

I think it's the fact that I am very "Americanized" that I can understand, appreciate and love American stand-up culture and a lot of stand-up comedians. The rest of Sweden are more or less clueless. If I say Richard Pryor they say "Who?!" (seriously this is mostly the case), but when I say Pablo Francisco they go crazy quoting the guy (he's huge here, most likely because his humor is easy to get, he makes funny voices, big deal @.@)
I wrote a whole chronicle on that subject as a matter of fact, cause it pisses me off that legends are not recognized.

As to Swedish stand-ups, they all suck. We are pretty much where you were before Lenny Bruce came and broka some barriers, very lame. Only 1 guy that I actually like, Magnus Betner. He actually have one bit in english that you can view here: http://www.magnusbetner.com/film/magnus ... easure.zip
I've been to the mountian top too, and you know what I saw? More white people, with guns!
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

AxelFoley85, I'll trade you all of our stand ups for one two hot swedish chicks, and don't try and trick me and trade me those two bitches from ABBA.
b.b
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com