George Carlin

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
mojones

Re: George Carlin

Post by mojones »

AxelFoley85,

I hate to be off topic. But Magnus is great!!!!! I love the way he dealt with the heckler (implying blue material but not going there) and his take on the metric system is fantastic! I was pleasantly surprised. Thanks for bringing him to my attention. You gotta get this guy to translate more of his material into English....George Carlin would be proud.
AxelFoley85

Post by AxelFoley85 »

Murphdogg,

Oh please take these stupid blonde chicks away from Sweden, they give us a bad name. Seriously, if you think Paris Hilton is a stupid bitch you haven't seen anything yet.
I've been to the mountian top too, and you know what I saw? More white people, with guns!
AxelFoley85

Post by AxelFoley85 »

mojones,

Yeah, that bit about our metric system VS yours is something me and friends have bitched about for a long time, so the bit was even more fun to me.
I've been to the mountian top too, and you know what I saw? More white people, with guns!
mojones

Post by mojones »

AxelFoley85,

Hey, I'll take those stupid "bitches" off your hands. Y'know as a favor from me to you. And regarding Magnus, he is great. Much better than expected. Hope he gets a chance to work in the states soon. So obviously, he's bilingual. Has he done entire sets in English? Just curious.

Another comedian I like who's coming up is Kyle Grooms. I recently saw him on some office commercial. But he's also a great comic. He wears horn-rimmed glasses and often disparages the "bling-bling" culture which is odd. Most comics just patronize them...Damon Williams is cool too. Not too much "hood" comedy with him. Okay, there's the ocasional weed joke. But other than that, he mostly talks about his family...Just wanted to say something positive about comedians for a change.
AxelFoley85

Post by AxelFoley85 »

mojones,

All I know is that he occassionally goes to England and do a few sets on his visits. I think it would be a great idea to make a DVD out of it! Unfortunately that will probably not happen, the cost of it would be too high I presume.
KMommy

Post by KMommy »

I think my favorite Carlin routine was the one where he talks about NIMBY - Not In My Backyard.
mojones

Post by mojones »

KMommy,
I love his play on words. Which reminds me...wasn't he working on a broadway show awhile back? I think the focus was on linguistic analysis or etymology...something like that....that Carlin is a pretty brainy guy
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

tamra,
Do you remeber his 90's sitcom...only lasted one season? It was yanked but I looked forward to watching it...it was a great premise.I just saw a commercial on ION TV mention it after all these years....could they be bringing it back to air?
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

bingolong, I thought it was a good show to. We don't have enough good sitcoms. you guys got me into Arrested Devolpment and the damn thing got cancelled
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
mojones

Post by mojones »

bingolong,

It was cancelled because we have a youth-oriented culture. Carlin show was for grown-ups...so you knew it had to go.