Eddie Griffin crashes rare Ferrari

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
hellifiknow

Eddie Griffin crashes rare Ferrari

Post by hellifiknow »

I don't want to be the next Eddie Griffin but this had to be fun! :lol:

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Maybe Eddie Griffin should leave the driving to his chauffeur. The comedian destroyed a rare million-dollar Enzo Ferrari on Monday when he crashed it into a barricade while promoting a movie. He was unhurt in the low-speed incident, at Irwindale Speedway, about 20 miles (32 km) east of Los Angeles.

"The brother's good at karate and all the rest of that, but the brother can't drive," Griffin told reporters.

He was practicing for a celebrity charity racing event tied to his upcoming film, "Redline."

The car, one of just 400 manufactured, belonged to the film's producer, Daniel Sadek. Sadek estimated that the car was worth $1.2 million, and seemed philosophical about the loss, saying he was just happy that Griffin was unharmed.

The real-estate investor has put up his own money for the $26 million picture, and allowed one of his two $200,000 Porsche Carreras to be destroyed for a scene in it.

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
abnormalandbitchy

Re: Eddie Griffin crashes rare Ferrari

Post by abnormalandbitchy »

astonamous,
shit i just wish i was that rich to kill a 1.2mil car and be so casual about it .... 8-o
Behind every beautiful thing there is some kind of pain - Bob Dylan
hellifiknow

Post by hellifiknow »

astonamous,
now they're saying this might have been a publicity stunt, used car salesmen won't even ask me if I need help so crashing a test drive would be a lot of fun. ;p

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
EddieHill

Post by EddieHill »

hellifiknow, Thank God I was drunk every time I crashed a vehicle. Eddie Griffin tells good stories about eating pussy. Maybe he was thinking about licking some snatch when he crashed.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

Bet the producer had it insured and probably hoped for the crash. Publicity and a profitable way of getting rid of a car. Rich guys like that play all the angles...