Chris Rock, Film Flop?

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Anditsdeeptoo

Re: Chris Rock, Film Flop?

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

Vero,

Great point, every movie he's been a supporting actor he has been really good. Dogma, Nurse Betty, I'm Gonna Get You Sucka, New Jack City, Longest Yard etc.
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

Anditsdeeptoo,

nice avatar! I still play that Born Suspect CD all the time. favorite parts are minimum wage and "can I get your car door for you ma'am" equals "would you like some dick?" :lol:

I totally forgot Rock was in Dogma, an all-time favorite. shocked me that Matt Damon was hilarious in Dogma, and how empty the theater was opening week. 8-o
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

Vero,
I liked him in New Jack CIty, though he most def looked a wee bit fay but hey back in the day, maybe he was in the experimental phase, taking the occassional roll in the hay with some of the down low boys!...if you get my drift! ;)
Anditsdeeptoo

Post by Anditsdeeptoo »

Jennifer,

Hey, If I had to go down low to get to where he is today, I'd be like, so you want me to be a top or a bottom? :D

Post by mojones »

Jennifer,

I actually heard this rumor before. But you can't believe everything Chris T. tells you. If I have to toss salads to be successful, give me obscurity anyday..
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

mojones,
:lol:

Yeah the movie wasn't bad...but it was more of a drama and you expext a balls out comedy from Chris...he was also a supporting role on "Pootietang" and he did his thing there too!! :lol: :lol:
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

bingolong,
he's a jedi master stand up for sure.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

okay, I saw the movie. first it can't be all bad and must be pulling in $$'s because it was still playing among the top billed movies at a major Times Square theater some weeks after its debut.

it was good to me. I did laugh during a couple of scenes, and so did the audience: both elevator scenes when the delivery guys were rapping gangster rap. :lol:

but he was on point about some things between men and women, esp. after marriage. I saw it as an adult movie, not so much as a comedy.

and okay, this is a woman thing, that loft of Kerry Washington's character was HOT! did anyone notice the bathroom. okay back to reality, or at least mine. :) thinking maybe I could hook up my cardboard box so much that even MTV Cribs stops by. ;-p
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.