I don't know if I like The Sarah Silverman Show

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

I don't know if I like The Sarah Silverman Show

Post by walrusjk »

I saw it for the first time just now on Comedy Central. The characters are pretty funny. The gay couple, her sister, the cop and the older black lady. It's pretty well written I think but Sarah gets on my nerves. She such a retard. Maybe I just need to get used to her. I like her and all but it gets annoying. There was some funny bits like when Sarah is remembering when her sister punched her in the face when she was 12 for using her mascara on her pubic hair...She goes.." I wanted a fuller bush like my sister. Here I am with a bit of peach fuzz down there and her bush looked like Cat Stevens face!" I thought that was funny...What do you all think about this...
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Re: I don't know if I like The Sarah Silverman Show

Post by bingolong »

walrusjk,
Yeah I saw her flick "JEsus Is Magic" and it had somelaugh out loud momnents but I can see hoiw she could get on your nerves. I watched it but my mind was somewhere else so I will have to catch again when I can pay attention to the gags better
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
mojones

Post by mojones »

bingolong,

You know it's inevitable. So I'll say it. Comedy is subjective. One man's Carrot Top is another's Richard Pryor...
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

mojones, my favorite line about Sarah Silverman was done at a Roast someone said something is dryer then "sarah silvermans pussy around a comic who can't do anything for her carreer"
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
KMommy

Post by KMommy »

Murphdogg,

Some of her material is funny but she bugs the hell out of me for some reason. I can't watch or listen to her for very long. I saw something very briefly around Christmas with her. She started singing Ave Maria and she had a pretty decent voice. Then she took the mic. and held it between her legs as if the choir was singing from her vagina! I guess it's because I am a women but I thought that was gross! There is something about her, Jenny McCarthey and Kathy Griffin that just gets on my nerves!