Warner Brothers cartoons.

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
walrusjk

Warner Brothers cartoons.

Post by walrusjk »

These have got to be some of the best comedy ever! Their comedy sense and the music is so timeless. These guys were so ahead of their time.
hellifiknow

Re: Warner Brothers cartoons.

Post by hellifiknow »

walrusjk,
Foghorn Leghorn for President!

I saw a poster after Mel Blanc died that showed all the charactwers he voiced with there heads hanging and the caption "speechless" under the years of his birth and death.

"boy, go get me something to beat your ass with" RP
mojones

Post by mojones »

hellifiknow,

Several factors contribute to the success of the WB cartoons. But Mel Blanc is the real source. Forget about Pablo Francisco and Frank Caliendo -- Mel Blanc was just phenomenal. He would've made an exceptional comic. His character Foghorn Leghorn was based on some character in an old movie. I actually saw the original actor and then heard Mel Blanc. No comparison! Mel Blanc is and always will be the "cartoon" man!
Reg_Man_98

Post by Reg_Man_98 »

Looney Tunes is some of the funniest, most brilliant shit ever.
walrusjk

Post by walrusjk »

astonamous,
You're doing some God's work Kiddo...
KMommy

Post by KMommy »

I love these cartoons. The cartoons of today just don't compare to the older ones, IMO. There was a collection of cartoons for sale several years ago that are now considered not PC and won't be shown on TV anymore. I believe the collection was called "Banned Cartoons" or "Lost Banned Cartoons." I wish I would have bought them because I haven't seen them for sale since. There were several featuring Bugs Bunny. When I was a kid and first saw these I never realized that some of the comments were inappropriate. There is one where Bugs is driving an ice cream truck and he drives up to a group of asian kids. They show a x-ray version of the ice cream and in the center is a grenade. Bugs starts calling the kids over and he is using several derogatory names for asians. I remember exactly what he said but it's probably best if I don't repeat it.