Martin Lawrence

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Gareth

Re: Martin Lawrence

Post by Gareth »

funkycomic,

i am looking to take the crown in the white division. who holds that at the moment? lol

gareth
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Gareth,
Andy Kaufman ....naw he's dead,Um Lenny Bruce...oh dead too,....Chris Farley..no...Bob Hope...Charlie Chaplin...Shit it looks like you got that crown locked playboy!!!
Just Kidding.
I really like George Carlin!He's got some intelligent stuff you've got to think about.Robin Williams recent standup special on HBO was tight too!
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Vee

Post by Vee »

bingolong,

I hope to see all of ya'll doing something. I'm gonna keep my eyes open...I'm looking for ya!!!!!!

I loove a good laugh...hahahheeeee!
LoveYALongTimeNegro!

Vee
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

bingolong,

hahaha! your right... by shootin for the white boy hall of fame, i am signin my own death warrant. i will be lucky to make it to 25 at this rate.... lol

gareth
cbreez0101

Post by cbreez0101 »

Gareth,

funniest white boy is David Cross... look him up http://bobanddavid.com - Mr. Show'
gpholms

Post by gpholms »

funkycomic,
David is tight dont get me wrong. Watch the latest on Jamie Fox. His last shit was tight. It was called go get security. It will fade anything out right now. And Martin I think he is a great host. And a good comedian, and a great actor.

And for white comedians I say George Carlin holds the crown for now.
Vee

Post by Vee »

gpholms,

Where are all the funny women??? All ya'll do is talk about the boys. Where my girls at? Wanda was funny for about 5 minutes. I still like her though. She just can't hold your interest very long. Ellen Degeneres is great. Is she in a league of her own? There's also this comedian with the last name Silver...Silverstein...Silverberg. I can't remeber but she's funny. Since I'm talking about it, I gotta give mad love to "THe Queens of Comedy"! All of those divas are funny. Adele Givens is probably my favorite..."I'm sucha fucking Lady!". It's an old joke but a good one.

Oh yeah gpholms...I don't know if we saw the same "Latest" Jamie Fox. The only thing that was funny to me was when he spoke about Whitney and her "crackish" ways. Now that was funny!!!!!
LoveYALongTimeNegro!

Vee
gpholms

Post by gpholms »

Vee,
Theres this chinese girl I dont know her name but shes tight. She comes out on HBO alot. Look for her she make you laugh. She talks about real shit.

And the queens of comedy was tight. I liked it better than the kings of comedy. Steve harvey is weak!

Who do you think should of come out on the kings of comedy?I could name alot of people.
cbreez0101

Post by cbreez0101 »

gpholms,

if your'e thinking of margaret cho she's korean. get it straight. she's funny, but kroean. not chinese. @.@
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

cbreez0101,

yeah, i seen david cross. he is pretty funny. that show is effin weird though... lol.

anyone here in LA ever catch a show at the groundlings? i am more familiar with the improv scene here in LA than the standup one at the moment... there is a coupel of really really funny cats there. ted michaels, jeremy rowly, mitch silpa... the list goes on and on for those guys...

anyways... as far as white comedians go... anyone catch the blue collar comedy tour? ron white is HILLARIOUS. peep it out if you didnt yet....

gareth