Martin Lawrence

Discussions about comedians and comedy in general go here.

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
funkycomic

Martin Lawrence

Post by funkycomic »

Hey I think runteldat was some funny shit. what do you guys think of martin? I know Murphy gets no love up in this bitch.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Re: Martin Lawrence

Post by Jennifer »

funkycomic,
Oh come on fc-isn't the truth that his last concert movie was another redux of 'the man'? Instead of me busting you for giving props to Martin-tell us all what you love about him-I think he's great in those movies-he does some original stuff in his movies-not in stand-up!!!jlp :lol:
funkycomic

Post by funkycomic »

Jennifer,
I love your responses. I didnt like martins first movie but he did give props to richard. he admitted trying to do him. I thought runteldat was his most open attempt at showing his being human without all the macho shit. just like richard in Live in Concert. admit your faults and have fun with them.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

funkycomic,

i got a average size penis. and i have fun with it! im on my way to becomin a better comic already! :lol:

seriously... that is the key. havin fun with your own problems... not havin a small penis, that is.

gareth
cbreez0101

Post by cbreez0101 »

funkycomic,
martin's standup can be too macho/misogynistic for my tastes. sometimes i get a weird feeling from him. he's still one of the funniest comics, and as an actor in tv and movies he's great. who could forget dragon breath from 'house party'. classic. when he's dancing with a girl and he's singing 'always and forever'. so good.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

cbreez0101,
He is absolutely a misogynist! To me, he's just your run of the mill, average stand-up and good in the movies-I think Dave CHappelle, on the other hand, is original and a funny motherfucker-we love his show!!!!!!jlp B-)
Vee

Post by Vee »

Jennifer,
Okay...let me just say this...MArtin Lawrence was my boy back int he day. But these days, uh-uh...He just ain't funny. It's not my cup of tea. I don't think he can carry a movie either. What's the name of that movie about the knight? Was it Black Knight? That went straight to the dollar show. I think he made two movies that year that were just terrible. I recall a few stories about him freaking out in public, passing out from dehydration...what do you think about drugs in hollywood? I mean everytime a celebrity hits a wall or has some drama most times it's about drugs. It's always over the top. It's like celebrity and drugs go hand in hand. Look at Whitney and Bobby...DAMN!!!!...So....what was I talking about? (LOL)
LoveYALongTimeNegro!

Vee
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Vee,
Yeah I feel ya Vee! "Runteldat" had his moments but I think it was his attempt to do what Rich did by talking about his personal issues.I applaud him for trying and even doing a standup movie at this point in his career but it did not reach the heights of his earlier stuff.
Jamie Foxx tried to do a bit on his trip to Africa while shooting Ali that reminded me alot of Richard's routine from "Sunset".No cigar though!
I have to also agree with Jennifer that Dave Chappelle is killing it right now!I also appreciate how Dave has had Paul Mooney making special appearances. That mother fucker Mooney don't give a damn!
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
funkycomic

Post by funkycomic »

bingolong,
all these dudes are funny in there on way. Chappelle is on top right now....untill I come and take his crown :lol:
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me!