IT SHOULD NOT BE 'MY PEEPS RIGHT OR WRONG'

The latest from THE Richard Pryor... news, events, collector's items and more!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

IT SHOULD NOT BE 'MY PEEPS RIGHT OR WRONG'

Post by Jennifer »

/*/_HOW TO WRITE A TACTFUL LETTER_/*/

This was written to the head of the NAACP in on the Michael Vick affair.
Saturday, August 18, 2007
An Open Letter to the Atlanta Chapter of the NAACP

Dear Dr. R L White, Head of the Atlanta Chapter of the NAACP,

My name is Mike. I am 27, and I am neither a member of your organization nor a resident of Atlanta. Normally I wouldn't bother you, but then I came across this article, and it compelled me to write. Since I am white, I am going to tread carefully, so as not to offend your gentle sensibilities. But, Dr. White, you are a dumb shit.

Speaking for white people everywhere, let me fill you in on something. This case was not a race issue. It was about killing dogs. And if there is one thing people don't stand for, regardless of race, it's killing dogs. You compared it to deer hunting. Again, Dr. White, you are a dumb shit. When was the last time a deer greeted you at the door when you got home from work? Or curled up next to you and gently nuzzled in to take a nap? Dogs are pets, you moron. They aren't meant to be killed for sport. The failure to make this distinction only makes you look more stupid. Sorry, I lost my temper there.

Here's the thing, Dr. White. The reason people were outraged by this was because he killed dogs. If Ben Roethlisberger or Brett Favre had done it, the reaction would have been the same, I guarantee you. The difference is, had Ben Roethlisberger or Brett Favre done this, you wouldn't see white supporters rallying behind them, proclaiming he was innocent in the face of mountains of damning evidence, supporting him regardless of the outcome. Let me let you in on a secret about white people; when one of our own makes us look bad, we condemn him and disown them. I suggest you adopt a similar policy. If your group's mission is truly to advance "colored" people (your word, not mine) you'd disassociate from the idiots in your race.

It can't go wrong, trust me.

Anyway, Dr. White, I don't want this to come off as racist, because it isn't. Michael Vick is a despicable person who happens to be black. The sooner you realize that, the less of a dumb shit you'll look like.

Sincerely,
Mike
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Re: IT SHOULD NOT BE 'MY PEEPS RIGHT OR WRONG'

Post by tamra »

Jennifer,

8-o but I'm trying not to get started on my NAACP issue now after reading that letter. I haven't understood them since the 1970s. the issues they support now while ignoring other BOLD things in their control are baffling. I'm surprised the NAACP even noticed the Jena 6 situation.

but sidebar: I never knew dog fighting was a sport, neither cock fighting. I always thought of both or anything similar as cruel, barbaric. so if the NAACP could single out racism before cruelty, wow.

I have to wonder if Vick was white what the NAACP would have thought about "dog fighting" and killing animals because they didn't help win a bet.

true deer hunting and bear hunting, and sometimes mountain lion hunting, are sports, all of which I have an issue with for recreation vs. life and death. but I haven't seen people breed lions, deer or bears, then cage them to fight it out, then torture them before killing them because the big bucks weren't raked in. :(

either you take care of animals or leave them alone and let them live in peace is how I see it. there are a lot of animals and insects I hate, but I'm not raising or hunting the mofos down to kill 'em.
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

Post by Jennifer »

tamra,
You are spot on Tamra...
I also saw Vicks's letter he wrote to the judge...it's a pompous, self-pitying letter in which he states clearly...and I am paraprasing...(could not copy and paste it).
"I saw dog fighting when I was growing up and always wondered why people didn't didn't get arrested for it.."
he, therefore, knew it was cruel and wrong but did it anyway...he always talks about how he is trying to make up for his crimes by buying a church for his pastor, a bunch of bullshit...never once, NOT ONCE, does he mention making it up to the dogs...or making a donation to Best Friends in Utah...the organization that took the surviving dogs.
He is an asshole---BLACK OR WHITE OR ANYONE ELSE WHO ABUSES ANIMALS!
xobyle

Post by xobyle »

Jennifer,

Anyone who abuses the life of anything, whether it be a dog, cat, deer or anything is inhumane, indiscriminate of their race, nationality or cultural background.

A case was brought up in my home-city of Birmingham, England last year, where a group of Indian and Pakistani men had been operating a dogfighting syndicate, and after being caught red handed (with police surveillance etc.), they pled that it was a cultural tradition of their ancestors.

I feel excuses like this are dispicable. It would like a German killing a Jew, and blaming it on his "cultural background", or a murder being blamed on a "sacrificial religious background".

No excuse can be given for harming or abusing innocent animals. They do not have the mentality we have. Humans are meant to feel compassion for all living things, and anyone who ignores their place to protect their animal is inhumane, and doesn't deserve the right to be supported or defended by anyone.
tamra
Pryor's Planet Volunteer Extraordinaire

Post by tamra »

xobyle,

hey there and welcome! :)

umm I have to ask if this supposed Indian/Pakistani cultural thing was done away from public and in a secret hiding place.

because like Jennifer said, that Vick letter was bullshit just like their excuse because: IF U KNEW U WERE DOING WRONG, THE DOG FIGHTING CAMP OR RING WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN IN A PRIVATE HIDDEN PLACE AWAY FROM THE PUBLIC! the fact that the dog fighting op had to be kept secret and hidden CONFIRMS the mofos knew they were doing something WRONG.

if you didn't know the shit was wrong the fights would have been held on front lawns w/all the neighbors invited 8-o
---
huh? what? who? damn, I'm always the last to know.
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

tamra, and Jennifer. On the money on this one.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com