SICK VICK..............................boycott NIKE

The latest from THE Richard Pryor... news, events, collector's items and more!

Moderators: bingolong, Jennifer, tamra

Forum rules
Spam is not allowed. All spammers will be blocked and reported to appropriate agencies.
Jennifer
White Honkey Bitch In Charge

SICK VICK..............................boycott NIKE

Post by Jennifer »

A friend of mine sent this to me...his comments below the comments of this low -life...are powerful!

Portis said dog fighting is a "prevalent" part of life.
Portis, a native of Laurel, Mississippi, added: "I know a lot of back roads that got a dog fight if you want to go see it. But they're not bothering those people because those people are not big names. I'm sure there's some police got some dogs that are fighting them, some judges got dogs and everything else."

Look for the race card--as in, 'There's a lot of white folks doin' this shit but y'all ain't sayin' nothing about them'--to be played really soon.

One of the interesting things about crimes against humanity in the modern age, is that today, MFs will actually come forward and DEFEND shit like this. The fact that MFs can fix their mouths to say this is "Okay" is what lets you know how low this culture has sunk. You can't simply shame a stupid MF anymore; he/she will rationalize shit and have people actually believe their view. This is why they want to blow America up and make it a lake. What sick fucks we've become.
Steve Ivory

1-800-806-6453 NIKE.....CALL THEM AND TELL THEM WE ARE BOYCOTTING NIKE UNTIL AND UNLESS THEY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT...FOR STARTERS: STOP SELLING "VICK'S BLOODSTAINED SHOES"!
Jennifer

Re: SICK VICK..............................boycott NIKE

Post by Jennifer »

Jennifer,
Nike suspends release of Vick line

New shoe will be delayed because of dogfighting case

Posted: Thursday July 19, 2007 3:33PM; Updated: Thursday July 19, 2007 6:59PM

ATLANTA (AP) -- Michael Vick's legal troubles prompted Nike on Thursday to suspend the release of its latest product line named after the Atlanta Falcons quarterback.

Nike has told retailers it will not release a fifth signature shoe, the Air Zoom Vick V, this summer. Nike spokesman Dean Stoyer said the four shoe products and three shirts that currently bear Vick's name will remain in stores.

Vick will be arraigned next week in a Richmond, Va., federal courtroom on charges of sponsoring a gruesome dogfighting operation.

Meanwhile, Falcons owner Arthur Blank issued a statement Thursday, saying the organization is "working diligently on exploring our options."

"This is an emotionally charged and complicated matter," Blank said. "There are a wide range of interests and legal issues that need to be carefully considered as we move ahead, including our need to respect the due process that Michael is entitled to. Also, this situation affects everyone -- our club, our players and associates, our sponsors, our fans and the Atlanta community among them -- so we must consider all of our customers in making any decisions.

"Given the differing perspectives and strong feelings around this issue, we probably won't make everyone happy, but we are committed to doing the right thing. As the owner of this club that's, ultimately, my responsibility."

Blank added that he was "saddened and distressed about this -- not for myself, for our fans and community who have been so loyal to us."

ESPN reported that Vick had called Blank on Wednesday. The network said its sources believed Vick to have been contrite, and he apologized for the distractions the case has created, and thanked Blank for his support.

Stoyer said Nike still has a standing contract with Vick, but declined to speculate on his future with the company.

A statement released by Nike Inc. said the company "is concerned by the serious and highly disturbing allegations made against Michael Vick, and we consider any cruelty to animals inhumane and abhorrent. We do believe that Michael Vick should be afforded the same due process as any citizen; therefore, we have not terminated our relationship."

Stoyer, who declined to discuss terms of Vick's contract, indicated the company has no commercials or documentaries planned with the three-time NFL Pro Bowl selection.

In previous years, Nike has run footage and interviews with Vick on its Web site, but none of the video promotions are currently posted.

"Some of that was shown on a limited run based on rights and usage," Stoyer said. "There's nothing new planned."

The Humane Society of the United States issued a statement calling upon Nike to pull its Vick clothing and shoes from retailers and from its web site. It also called upon NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to suspend Vick.

Vick signed his current contract with Nike in 2001, the same year Atlanta chose him as the NFL's No. 1 overall draft pick. After leading the Falcons to the 2002 and '04 playoffs, Vick last year became the first quarterback in league history to rush for 1,000 yards in a season.
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

(from another friend)

Jennifer,
I called Nike, and I sent an email. I just got an email back saying
how they detest animal cruelty, and have suspended Vick's latest
line. To which I just responded:

Dear Nike,
Thank you for getting back to me concerning your Michael Vicks line.
I'm so glad to hear you don't support animal cruelty. Your respect
for the law is admirable, too, as you believe everyone deserves due
process before being found guilty. For that reason you won't cease
business with him.
Are you CRAZY?
Have you seen the photos from inside his house of the 54 dogs, many
of whom have their faces ripped off? Would you like me to send them
to you?
I am making good on my promise to never buy your products again, and
am shipping my Nikes back to you. I don't want them in my house. I
don't like what they say about profit over humanity.
Again, look at the photos before you take the moral high ground of
innocent until found guilty.
John Stark
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

(and from Steve again, regarding a statesman who was on the floor of the senate!)

Jennifer,
I'm not sure. A gray-haired fellow, the kind of man who lives for a moment like this, sufficiently bipartisan, when he can invoke God, save an animal and fry a "nigger" :) all at once.

In my opinion, for whatever coverage we've seen, the media and the public still isn't really "getting" it. The story isn't as prominently featured as some of the other bullshit they cover. There is a reason for this: The victims are animals.

John Lennon wrote a song called, "Woman is the Nigger of the World." Love that title. It's true. But animals are lower than the woman AND the nigger. Go figure.
abnormalandbitchy

Post by abnormalandbitchy »

Jennifer,
This sounds mean but seeing as most Dogs who have been raised as fighters have to be euthanize due to the distrust (which i hope these babies can be saved and rehablited) i say fuck takeing vick to trial lock him in a pin and let these 60 some odd dogs have a bite or two out of his ass! its sick some of the pictures i have seen are nothing short of awful! it is people like vick who are getting these sweet dogs killed , making them illigal in most states now these dogs are suffering more then he ever will , give his ass the needle not these poor babies ! i hope everyone will be as supportive and return their nike apperal as well ! if we cant make them listen with pictures and words i bet taking away their money will get some attention!
Behind every beautiful thing there is some kind of pain - Bob Dylan
bingolong
King of the Smilies

Post by bingolong »

Jennifer,
You were the first person I thought about when I heard about this :X
I went to Zimbabwe. I know how white people feel in America now; relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me! 
Murphdogg
Foot Kisser

Post by Murphdogg »

bingolong,
a friend of mine got into a disagreement about this, he said it's a "cultural" thing..fuck that!! I was raised in area where they did this shit to, and I hated it, hated it when Iw as a kid, and hate it now. You should have to have a license to own animals.
Shane God Damned Murphy

shanescomedy.com
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

bingolong,
Thank you for knowing me...I am quite distressed over this...as is anyone who cares about animals or people! ]:o(
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Murphdogg,
Your friend is a moron and needs some educating!
Anyone who thinks animals don't have feelings, have none of their own!
They suffer as we do...this is not a culture thing...it is a motherfucking, dumbass, cruel crime! A felony in all but two states...
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

abnormalandbitchy,
I have many rescued pits...so damn sweet, some were used as fighters...and were dumped because they didn't do well...they have issues but with love and time, they do alright...
I would love to see Sick Vick's ass literally chewed out by one of his own, except I would feel sorry for the dog!!!!!!!!!!
Vick is going to burn in hell for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!And be broke ass by the time he gets there...think of his lost endorsements, his legal bills, and I pray, kicked to the curb by the NF FUCKING L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ]:o(
People don't get the animal/human connection...this fuck face will be doing some horrible shit to people if he digs this sort of bullshit...he is a sadistic, piece of shit!!!!!!! ]:o( :X b.b